Jupiter helps communities and private enterprise worldwide better predict, plan for, and mitigate the impact of climate changeempowering them to be more resilient, agile, and effective in meeting the massive challenges climate change imposes.
We're thought leaders in data, climate, and earth and ocean-system science; advanced technology; private business; and public policy. We offer climate risk modeling solutions that can save lives and mitigate the potentially catastrophic impacts inflicted by hurricanes, floods, heat waves, wildfires, drought, and other extreme weather events on homes, businesses, infrastructure, food and water supplies, and entire economies.
Jupiter’s team is comprised of global experts in business growth, sensor development, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, climate, weather and hydro science, data science, and risk planning and management. Advisors include scientists and leaders from the U.S. government and the world’s most influential investment banks and insurance firms:
- Nobel Prize winning expert in climate predictions (IPCC)
- Google’s former head of Satellite data systems and operations
- Co-developer of Princeton Ocean Model
- NSF head of atmospheric science and world expert on hurricanes and cyclones
- Developer of the short-term flood prediction system for the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey
- CEO of Zip2, Internet GIS pioneer
- SAP’s VP IOT and Cloud marketing
- Hydroscientist who completed NOAA‑led post‑Harvey Houston flooding assessment
- PI of NSF project to containerize weather prediction
- Leaders from U.S. agencies, including the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR), the National Science Foundation (NSF), NASA, the CIA, the Department of the Treasury and the Department of State
- Renowned advisors, including the former Chief Climate Envoy of the United States, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Treasury, Chief Data Officer of Goldman Sachs, President of The Hartford’s property and casualty companies, Head of Analytics for Google Search, developer of the Palantir data pipeline, and former senior executives and domain experts at Bridgewater and Verisk Insurance Solutions