CCM Energy is an investment firm launched in late 2012 to take advantage of investment opportunities created by the transition to the cleaner and more efficient use of resources, particularly energy and water, in buildings. Part of the CCM Group, we have a particular interest in opportunities that leverage CCM Real Estate’s building portfolio and deep industry expertise.
Specifically, we seek companies with a proven solution to green the built environment in areas such as:
- Distributed generation: Utilizing building infrastructure to generate power and/or other commodities that can drive topline revenue and reduce costs for building owners
- Energy/resource efficiency: Products and services that lower the operating costs of buildings by reducing their consumption of commodities such as power, gas and water
- Green construction: Resource-efficient materials, processes and business models to reduce the time and expenses associated with the construction of high-performance buildings
We deploy flexible capital to scale proven technology and enjoy working with entrepreneurs as well as project sponsors to develop investment structures that align incentives while creatively addressing the specific risks associated with a given investment. CCM Energy invests both equity and debt, and we employ hybrid structures to balance risk and reward for all stakeholders.
We pride ourselves on being strategic, value-add investors, bringing to bear our operating and clean energy expertise, and leveraging the collective experience of our real estate colleagues to generate tangible value for our portfolio companies. As a group, we have deep experience in entrepreneurship, clean energy, venture capital and real estate, and we utilize this experience to build value for our portfolio companies by:
- Actively seeking opportunities to deploy portfolio company solutions in properties owned by CCM Real Estate and its partners, providing sites for demonstration projects and helping companies achieve scale
- Offering project capital in addition to corporate financing, enabling our portfolio companies to offer no-cost solutions to their customers