You are a strong, multi-disciplined designer who can work on high-level UX vision to detailed UI design flows. You will work closely with our Product Management and Engineering teams, and design our next generation experience for our web and mobile experiences.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about creating products which become an integral part of people's lives. You strive to create intuitive and engaging user experiences with a modern, clean and concise design sense.
- Continually redesign and evolve our applications and websites. Proactively look for opportunities to improve the design of and interface for our web-based applications and websites
- Produce designs of various fidelity depending on the needs, ranging from sketching to a working HTML/CSS prototype.
- Work closely with product managers, engineering, customers and other stakeholders to proactively gather and understand usability concerns and areas for improvement
- Establish detailed usability and design guidelines for product development based on industry best practices and competitive benchmarking
- Create and maintain a library of design and interface resources for use by product teams
- Plan and conduct user research and usability tests, documenting, communicating and acting upon the results
- Build relationships across product lines and functional groups to make sure we are all on the same page
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in design, architecture, or other creative industry
- Proficient in various research and design techniques such as qualitative research methods, personas, wireframing, sitemapping, task analysis, sketching, prototyping, usability testing, etc
- Experience working in agile and lean environments
- Passion for elegant design and incorporating innovative technologies
- Strong understanding of current trends in HTML, JS and CSS coding and practice
- Good understanding of analytics
- Broad knowledge of the software industry and software development project lifecycles
- Strong negotiation, influencing and communication skills
- Ability to understand and manage the expectations of a range of stakeholders
- Strong organization and planning skills
Concentrated Solar Power, Electric Cars, Smart Thermostats, Rooftop Solar