Pattern Energy is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America, Canada and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies.The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.Pattern Energy operates in the United States and Canada, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.JOB PURPOSESupport the Asset Manager in providing compliance, commercial and financial management services for Pattern’s fleet of operating wind farms.
Key Accountabilities The key responsibilities will include the following: Contract Management & Compliance
- Providing support to the Asset Manager in contract administration services for key commercial contracts for operating assets.
- Managing the on-going maintenance of the compliance matrix for operating assets by ensuring periodic updates, compliance assessments and compliance implementation using tools.
- Providing business services for operating assets including interfacing with Pattern insurance, tax, legal, accounts payable, IT, procurement, etc. as needed.
- Supporting the regulatory compliance function as needed including assisting with the submission of filings to regulatory agencies (FERC, EIA, PUC, etc.) and understanding the implication of regulations on the business.
- Researching and understanding ISO market rules impacting operational assets, assessing new or changing market design regulations, and disseminating findings to relevant parties within Asset Management / Operations.
- Supporting the commercial transition from development/finance/construction to operations for new projects.
- Participating in Asset Management/Operations group start-up activities of new projects including pre-COD mobilization, commercial contract administration, regulatory and ISO compliance.
- Ensuring the build-out of the compliance matrices for new project implementation.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting & Reporting
- Assist the Asset Manager in providing financial planning and analytics for Asset Management/Operations including analysis of revenue impacts, operating expenses, plant improvements, contract amendments, and other business-related impacts.
- Collaborating in the annual budget preparation process including incorporating input and standardizing budget assumptions across the fleet.
- Participating in periodic budget reviews to update budgets and identify areas for optimization and cost savings.
- Preparing summaries of fleet budgets and actual spending that align with accounting records to enable tracking and comparing of historical results.
- Supporting Asset Management/Operations reporting activities including Executive Management reviews, monthly project reports, and other reporting activities as required.
- Assisting the Asset Manager in special projects including corporate and project finance fundraising initiatives and due diligence interface.
Experience/Qualifications/Education Required A bachelor’s degree in business, engineering or a related field is required.
Required Work Experience Three years of experience in the commercial development or management of energy assets.
Additional Requirements Must possess strengths in the following:
Technical Skills Computer skills –.proficient in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong motivation and ability to work with little supervision or guidance.
- Strong learning skills and the ability to independently research, understand, and implement knowledge in new areas.
- Ability to work seamlessly across a wide range of disciplines both within and outside the group and the company to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to read, understand and implement legal contracts.
- Ability to understand technical operational matters and translate them to commercial and financial analyses and decision making.
- Understanding of power market operations inside and outside of organized markets.
- Ability to travel (up to 25%).
Required education: Bachelor's
Concentrated Solar Power, Offshore Wind Turbines, Onshore Wind Turbines, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics