Pattern Energy is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies. The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy operates in the United States and Canada, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York and Toronto. Pattern Energy Group LP's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.
This position serves as the interface between lenders and internal Pattern Energy teams with respect to the construction and operation of a portfolio of power projects. Primary responsibilities include managing the financial aspects of construction activities, including ensuring loan compliance, implementing disbursements, filings, budgeting, debt servicing oversight, and preparation of lender reports as well as serving as interface between lenders and internal Pattern Energy teams with respect to financial aspects of construction and operations.
- Responsibility for compliance with financing agreement(s) during construction and operations of the Company’s portfolio of projects, including monthly construction report review and submission, budget tracking, Lender coordination, internal approval process implementation, coordination with construction team with respect to loan deliverables, tracking and compliance. Ability to quickly understand local regulatory and tax requirements to ensure compliance.
- Prepare borrowing requests for submission to Lenders, including confirmation of certifications and securing other borrowing-related support documentation.
- Assist with drafting, review and processing of change orders, task orders and other key contracts required during construction.
- Coordination and communication with internal resources, including accounting/treasury regarding loan draw submissions and payment processing. Manage project “petty cash” account.
- Respond to Lender questions/requests for information regarding construction progress. Coordinate responses with other departments/groups as necessary.
- Support closing of financings, including preparation of closing documentation and deliverables, responses to due diligence questions, preparation of historical cost documentation and other closing support activities as needed.
- Support term financing transition, including preparation of deliverables, flow of funds preparation/construction cost close out and liaison with Lenders, equity participants, counsel and internal resources.
- Manage orderly and efficient transition between construction period and operational period.
- Work with project costing in ERP (Microsoft Dynamics AX).
- Implement Company’s processes and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Coordinate with treasury to plan for and process project distributions.
- Assist treasury with cash positioning and forecasting efforts.
- Close communication with development, construction, accounting, treasury, tax and asset administration groups.
- A minimum of three (3) years prior work experience in a related financial, contracts and/or project management administration role.
- A bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated history of increased responsibility.
Additional Requirements Must possess strengths in the following areas
- Detail-oriented work style with an ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel, both within the Company and externally.
- Ability to handle and prioritize requests and receipt of documents in various forms from various sources at the same time.
- Good organizational, planning and implementation skills, including the ability to coordinate and work in a team environment.
- Ability to read and interpret legal documents.
- Ability to quickly grasp and understand new concepts and legal and statutory requirements.
- Good time management skills.
- Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges and responsibilities.
- Proactive self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Strong electronic spreadsheet skills (Excel)
Please respond with your resume and cover letter including salary requirements and highlighting why this is a good fit for your skills.Pattern Energy is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required education: Bachelor'sRequired experience: related financial, contracts and/or project management administration for large ($100K plus) deals: 3 years