Pattern Energy is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy projects and transmission assets across North America and parts of Latin America. The company focuses primarily on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies.The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.Pattern Energy operates in the United States and Canada, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego and New York. Pattern Energy Group LP's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.JOB PURPOSE
This position will support the Real Estate Group by assisting with gathering, preparing, drafting, analyzing and organizing landowner and project real estate information, detailed analysis and review of large volumes of title information and documents and coordination of preparation and review of land surveys, and coordinating transaction closings, as well as due diligence duties associated with evaluating potential acquisitions. Ability to spot issues and understanding of basic real estate principles necessary. Former development experience preferred.
- Aid in preparation of landowner agreements and other real estate related legal documents for renewable and transmission development projects. Includes drafting responsibilities for simple curative documents and landowner agreements.
- Assisting transaction counsel and participation in planning, coordination and execution of project acquisitions and financial closings.
- Assisting in the organization of real estate documents for Pattern Energy’s portfolio of projects as well as any future acquisitions and financings for renewable and transmission development.
- Detailed review of title work and surveys and coordination with third party contractors regarding such review.
- Review of real estate related documents and instruments for potential acquisitions and financial closings.
- Assisting with any other deal-closing activities as may be required.
- Direct interaction with outside counsel, surveyors and title company personnel, as directed, in connection with the foregoing tasks.
- Completion of miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned and/or necessary.
Experience/Qualifications/Education Required Educational Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree and Paralegal Certification or significant experience in real estate transactional and development work. Notary certification a plus. Candidate must hold legal or paralegal qualification.
Required Work Experience
- At least three years of paralegal (or equivalent) experience in a real estate law function.
Additional Requirements Must possess strengths in the following:
- High level of focus and attention to detail a must.
- Exceptional quality of work - must be well organized and efficient, and able to prioritize, multi-task and meet multiple deadlines in a short time frame. Excellent ability to work under pressure is essential.
- Ability to uphold standards of complete discretion and confidentiality; exercise good judgment on day-to-day decisions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially reliance on email and Microsoft software applications; ability to draft complex documents and correspond on sophisticated business.
- High degree of self-direction and motivation with good teamwork skills.
- Strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills relating to significant contact, communication and interdependency with other employees in diverse roles, legal counsel and with external clients, financiers and business associates.
- Flexibility in work responsibilities and hours.
- Be able and willing to pitch in and do additional work as closings and high activity periods arise.
- Establish and maintain such databases as arise within the small company environment, so that critical action items can be monitored.
Pattern Energy Group LP is an equal opportunity employer
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required.
- Internet Explorer and Adobe Acrobat.
- Experience with DeltaView preferred
Concentrated Solar Power, Offshore Wind Turbines, Onshore Wind Turbines, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics