Pattern Energy Group LP is an independent, fully integrated energy company that develops, constructs, owns and operates renewable energy and transmission assets across North America, Chile and Japan. The primary focus is on wind and transmission, with limited investments in other generation technologies.The Pattern Energy team has a history as one of the top North American renewable energy and transmission providers in the industry. The team is dedicated to delivering the highest value for its customers, partners, financial supporters and the communities in which it works, while exhibiting a strong commitment to promoting environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility.
Pattern Energy Group LP operates in the United States, Canada, Chile and Japan, with offices in San Francisco, Houston, San Diego, New York, Toronto, Santiago and Tokyo. Pattern Energy Group LP's corporate headquarters are in San Francisco.The incumbent will have responsibility for technical accounting analyses, preparation of memoranda to support accounting conclusions, and application of technical accounting analyses to transactions, for both Pattern Energy Group LP and for Pattern Energy Group Inc. This position will also support preparation of annual corporate audits, individual project-level annual audit reports and SEC filings. This position will, in collaboration with the Director of Technical Accounting, Corporate Controller, Assistant Controllers, and Accounting Managers, work with commercial and finance professionals across the organization to support and analyze acquisitions and other transactions.
RESPONSIBILITIES: The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons:
- Research and document technical accounting issues related to material transactions.
- Work closely with assistant controllers, accounting managers and general ledger accountants to apply technical accounting principles.
- Support the corporate controller and SEC reporting group to research SEC reporting requirements.
- Support preparation of the annual corporate audit and public company reporting.
- Support individual project-level audits – principally US GAAP but will also include some IFRS audits.
- Lead analysis and documentation of differences between US GAAP and other statutory GAAP such as IFRS and Canadian GAAP.
- Work with commercial/origination teams to provide accounting analysis of prospective transactions – acquisitions, joint ventures and tax equity.
- Support preparation of written accounting policies in close coordination with corporate controller and operational accounting management.
- Prepare and/or support tax group preparation of tax provisions.
- Lead special projects as requested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required.
- CPA certification required.
- Candidates should have public accounting experience, preferable with a “big-4” firm. Public company/SEC reporting experience with a pre-IPO or recent IPO company is highly desirable.
- Deep knowledge US GAAP accounting standards is required. Knowledge of IFRS accounting standards is highly desirable. Experience with public company internal control standards is essential.
- Experience in the power generation or energy industry is highly desirable. Familiarity with applicable industry accounting standards is highly desirable.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years of experience in public accounting or a combination of public accounting and industry.
- Strong GAAP technical accounting skill-set with broad knowledge and experience of external reporting requirements (private company and SEC-level disclosures).
- Substantial experience preparing audit-quality technical accounting analyses and documentation is essential.
- Interested in an applied accounting environment with substantial interaction with non-accounting commercial professionals and general ledger accountants.
- Ability to conduct research on technical accounting issues and prepare high quality, persuasive, written memoranda.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to produce quality workproducts within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Knowledge of accounting for any or all of derivatives, leases, business combinations, consolidations, fixed and intangible assets, and share-based compensation desirable.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, transactional, recent IPO environment.
Please respond with your resume and cover letter including salary requirements and highlighting why this is a good fit for your skills.Pattern Energy is Proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Required education: Bachelor'sRequired experience: public company AND big 4 CPA: 4 years
Concentrated Solar Power, Offshore Wind Turbines, Onshore Wind Turbines, Utility-Scale Solar Photovoltaics