Lead Test Engineer at Seres
At Seres, we’re forging a new kind of mobility company by combining the DNA of advanced automotive engineering and design with that of state of the art smart technologies and connectivity to revolutionize the future of premium electric vehicles. From our corporate headquarters in Silicon Valley, we’re bringing the best and brightest together with a common goal of creating the next generation of smart, clean, connected vehicles for you.
Our vision is to deliver premium electric vehicles that enhance the daily lives of our users, allowing them to live more connected, productive lives through the integration of clean technology and advanced hardware and software. The future of mobility is more than getting from A to B, it’s about keeping connected to provide users customizable features when they want it.
The lead test engineer will be working within the Testing and Validation Team. This position is leading electrical drivetrain testing and lab with an emphasis on test automation via LabVIEW or Python, data analysis and failure analysis support including vehicle integration and testing.
This is a full-time on-site role based in Santa Clara & Milpitas, California.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain and oversee the all dynamo-meter setup and whole laboratory (e.g., installing instrumentation, replacing components and keep the lab clean & safe)
- Utilize various test resources to set up, run and monitor several series of electrical and durability tests.
- Design test systems include thermal, environmental and vibration testing and source proper equipment from vendors
- Guide and support vehicle integration and build with electric powertrains and vehicle testing
- Support and development manufacturing processes
- Design automated testing equipment
- Support design and developed high speed spinning machine
- Guide quick prototype mechanical design and manufacturer fixture
- Design and build wiring harnesses to support electrical testing of components. Integrate various inputs based on schematics, wiring diagrams, test requirements, and engineering guidance into testable solutions. Develop high and low voltage test equipment.
- Architect, write, and debug LabVIEW/Python with an emphasis on generating code that is organized, structured, documented, maintainable and reusable. Troubleshoot and debug issues with test equipment.
- Facilitate of the failure analysis process by providing detailed information surrounding failures in test articles. Assist in pre-inspection and post-test inspection of test articles.
- Work with various design and control teams to schedule the flow of new parts into testing.
- Work closely with design, quality and failure analysis engineering teams throughout the entire lifecycle of the product and processes.
- Drive other projects as needed by management or as business needs change.
Up to 10% travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ work experience in testing/engineering
- BS or MS degree in ME/EE or equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability
- Hand-on experience with test automation
- Experience with testing instrumentation
- Ability to understand, test, and troubleshoot complicated system interactions
- Knowledge of GD&T
- 3+ years’ experience building data visualization interface for large scale data
- Experience with LabVIEW (Veristand, Stimulus, & Test Manager), digital and analog interfaces for PCs, test systems, etc.
- Experience with NI hardware such as CompactRIO, PXI
- Experience in R&D electronics environment or electrical testing lab, working with 480VAC and 1000VDC, soldering and electronic and mechanical fabrication skills. Read and create mechanical drawings and schematics.
- Experience with electronic lab equipment and sensor such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, power analyzers, spectrum analyzers, logic analyzers, programmable power supplies, chillers, accelerometer, and torque sensor.
- Experience with communication protocol: CAN, LIN, I2C, RS232, RS485, Ethernet, etc.
- Demonstrated exceptional written and verbal communication
- Vehicle integration/testing experiences
- Automotive hand on skills
- Familiar with MATLAB
- Familiar with MySQL
- Familiar with milling and lathe machine
- Programming experience in Python, or C+
- AC induction motor control experience