Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking several CAE Engineers for vehicle crashworthiness analyses. This position requires an experienced professional in Finite Element Analysis (FEA). Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Perform Finite Element Analysis for vehicle crashworthiness using LS-DYNA software
- Work closely with vehicle design engineers to develop strategies to meet different safety requirements (e.g. IIHS Small Offset, Euro NCAP MPDB). You will play a crucial role to guide the body structure design
- Use your analyses to guide physical tests plan for sub-systems validation – what to test, how to test
- Bachelor’s degree and above in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Mechanics
- Expert level Finite Element Model build and analysis skills utilizing software such as Hypermesh, Ansa, LS-DYNA etc. Ideally direct experience at automotive OEM level
- Strong analytical skills to make meaningful conclusions from CAE simulations as well as physical tests. Ability to connect FEA models with the physical systems that the models represent
- Ability to articulate technical issues and solutions to all levels of the business
- Excellent organizational skills, e.g. clearly documenting all load cases and results
- Some experience with CATIA, or similar CAD software, experience with FEA model building from CAD data
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.