Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking Battery Modeling Engineers, of all levels, to develop advanced performance, lifetime, and algorithm models. Junior level candidates with solid modeling background, and senior level candidates with broader battery modeling experience and additional skill sets are both encouraged to apply.
This position requires a creative and analytical mindset with experience in modeling lithium-ion batteries. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. A successful candidate should be a quick learner and detailed oriented. This position will be expected to possess the ability to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Develop multiphysics-based models of lithium ion batteries under extreme operating conditions based on electrochemistry knowledge and test data
- Develop robust battery models to predict cell behavior including but not necessarily limited to rate performance, life degradation, calendar aging, electrochemical and thermal response, and safety related behavior
- Provide novel solutions of battery management control system to optimize dischargeable capacity, cycle life, and charge time
- Formulate and execute designs of experiments to acquire sufficient data to train, validate, and test the battery models
- Work on battery estimation algorithms regarding SOC, SOH, impedance, and performance limitation under given operating conditions
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop, implement, test, and maintain your model
- Review academic papers and provide insight summary for team members
- Develop advanced deep learning models and tools for data analysis and optimization
- Deliver documents related to model and algorithm development
- Work with intellectual property team to patent your inventions
- Collaborate with battery team to determine and achieve battery performance and lifetime targets
- Fundamental knowledge of lithium-ion cell electrochemistries and mechanisms
- Experienced in creating multiphysics-based models for electrochemical/thermal/mechanical systems
- Familiar with battery testing equipment and test protocol
- Experience in writing efficient code to process and analyze large data sets
- High level of mathematical and advanced data processing and analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with initiating and taking ownership of projects
- Experienced in using COMSOL or other multiphysics-based package for battery simulation
- Skilled in code developing tools such as Python and Matlab
- Strong understanding of algorithm design, optimization, and verification
- Strong mathematical knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, optimization, machine learning, and deep learning tools
- MS or PhD degree in EE, ME, CS, Math, Physics, Chemistry, Materials
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.