Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Technician, Powertrain Repair Technicians to lead in the building and build-documenting of Electric Vehicle Powertrain throughout the progressive development build cycles.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Demonstrate expertise in building complex mechanical assemblies
- Perform electrical and mechanical diagnosis and repairs on drive unit, battery Module and battery pack assemblies to achieve a high level of quality that meets Lucid standards
- Provide engineering teams with comprehensive failure analysis
- Perform EMI/EMC tests, electric motor HI-Pot tests, and electric motor induced shaft current measurements
- Participate in ongoing skill development to further your technical expertise
- Contribute towards the development of repair procedures
- Train others on repair procedures
- Use a variety of hand and power tools with a strong focus on safety and quality
- Learn and gain proficiency on new technologies
- Document repair activities
- Assist in identifying and correcting the cause of problems by partnering with cross-functional teams in a collaborative environment
- A “can-do” attitude and ability to motivate small build teams
- Ability to take things apart and getting them back together without instructions
- Root cause investigations and diagnoses at a system, modular, and component level
- Ability to measure with high precision tools including bore gauges, calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills including Microsoft office and computer software literacy
- Knowledge of power tools, pneumatic equipment, and Machine shop tools: Band saws, grinders, mill and lathe operation a plus
- Knowledge of electrical hazards, including precautionary measures around High Voltage equipment and spinning machinery
- Ability to use basic electrical tools: Digital Multimeter, Meg-Ohm tester, Thermal couple Meters, Hi-POT Tester, O-Scope
- Great communication skills for relaying data (both verbal and written)
- Impeccable organization and clean work environment habits
- Experience with electric vehicle propulsion systems and/or automotive products a plus.
- Track record of getting amazing products to market on time with fantastic innovation.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A valid U.S. driver’s license
- At least 3 years’ experience in automotive diagnostics and repair
- Knowledge of NFPA 70E practices
- Must have the ability to work at the pace required while maintaining a high level of craftsmanship
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time during the repair of a vehicle
- Must be able to walk, sit, bend, push/pull, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach or crawl frequently
- Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.