Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We are looking for an Drive Unit Development Technician to lead development activities for electric vehicle drive unit components.Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and should be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Demonstrate expertise in building complex mechanical assemblies.
- Be highly detail oriented and be able to record project build data both at the part level and system level.
- Assemble and debug prototype drive unit assemblies.
- Make and modify parts as necessary to support assembly fixtures and prototypes.
- Interact directly with engineers on the design team.
- Work with data acquisition systems and related instrumentation
- Perform electric motor tests (IE Hi-pot, megaohm, etc
- Aptitude for working independently in an environment with minimal guidance.
- Root cause investigations and diagnoses at system, modular, and component level.
- Ability to measure with high precision tools including bore gauges, calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills including Microsoft office and computer software literacy.
- Knowledge of electrical hazards, including precautionary measures around High Voltage equipment and spinning machinery.
- Minimum of 5 years of automotive (or related) technician experience
- Great communication skills for relaying data (both verbal and written)
- Impeccable organization and clean work environment habit.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Experience with electric vehicle drive systems
- Experience with electric vehicles and/or automotive products a plus.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence for documenting procedures, tasks, and issues.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.