Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for a Senior Automotive Closures Systems Engineer.
If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!You will be part of a team responsible for designing an innovative closure system. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Be responsible for the design of major car closure systems including, doors, hood, trunk, windows, etc. Including, all mechanisms, sealing systems and hardware (hinges, latches, etc.)
- Benchmark closure systems designs
- Work closely with CAE teams interpreting and using analysis results to guide and evolve the design
- Work with manufacturing to ensure efficient buildable designs
- Work efficiently within a multidisciplinary cooperative environment
- Support prototype builds in a hands-on manner
- Devise tests to prove out the design
- Expertise in vehicle closure systems design
- Solid track record of successful system level integration
- Experience working with Class A surface data
- Experience with castings, the extrusion process, stampings, and their advantages and limitations
- Working knowledge of Aluminum and Magnesium structure joining techniques.
- Proof of excellence in your past position, while demonstrating profound creativity in resolving mechanical design problems
- Experience in full life cycle, from concept to prototype to full production
- Experience with composites
- Experience with GD&T
- Fabrication experience
LMMP #GDBe part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Masters in Mechanical Engineering
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.