Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an experienced Power Electronics Technician to build, test, document and troubleshoot advanced power electronics hardware in support of new vehicle development and production launch. This is a dynamic role, requiring technical skill, attention to detail, adaptability and collaboration. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- Build prototype EV power electronics hardware, carefully following written and verbal work instructions
- Test hardware to ensure mechanical integrity, safety and electrical functionality
- Debug test failures and other anomalies to identify root cause and potential corrective actions
- Communicate findings and recommendations to engineering, working collaboratively to solve problems and implement solutions
- Work closely with manufacturing engineering and production control teams to document and streamline build processes, including development of specialized tools and equipment
- Modify and rework components and assemblies, including soldering of PCBA board level components
- Maintain equipment calibration and well-organized work areas
- Meticulously document each unit built, recording serialized components, process parameters and test results
- Experience building, testing and/or troubleshooting inverters, chargers, AC/DC, DC/DC converters, HV batteries or similar hardware
- Understanding of, and hands on experience with, electrical test equipment including DMM, HiPot, micro-ohmmeter, oscilloscope, etc.
- Experience performing root cause investigations and diagnoses at a system and component level
- Detail-oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills
- Ability to take things apart and put them back together without instructions
- Basic computer literacy including email and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of electrical hazards, including precautionary measures around High Voltage equipment
- Great communication skills for relaying data (both verbal and written)
- Impeccable organization and clean work environment habits
- Minimum of 3 years of electrical, mechatronic or automotive technician experience
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Experience building test fixtures, wire harnesses and circuit boards
- Familiarity with LabView
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Minimum: High School Diploma with significant relevant professional experience
- Preferred: Technical or Vocational Degree or Certificate, preferably focused on electrical, mechanical or automotive technology
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.