Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Global Supply Manager supporting Body Exteriors.
The Global Supply Manager manages all company business with a group of suppliers and is the key internal interface with Engineering, Finance, Logistics, Quality and Manufacturing to deliver world class products on time and cost effectively. The Global Supply Manager must identify, develop, and manage the global Supply Chain. He or she will help establish our global supply chain strategy, support cross-functional teams during the development and industrialization phases and drive sound business decisions throughout the product life cycle.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Supplier Quality to identify potential suppliers with the right qualifications to meet Lucid’s expectations and timeline
- Create RFQs, review, analyze and clarify quotations from suppliers and develop sound sourcing and business recommendations balancing cost, quality, lead-time and technical considerations
- Thoroughly negotiate favorable contracts including parts pricing, tooling costs and Engineering Services (NRE / EDT)
- Work with suppliers and Engineering to release parts into production and issue POs for Prototype Parts and Prototype/Production Tooling
- Manage supplier development and tooling timelines, part availability for prototype builds/start of production and develop solutions to delays or problems that arise
- Maintain overall supplier relationships and act as point of contact for all commercial issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, parts availability and cost status
- Travel 15-25% to visit suppliers to perform business and program reviews
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical, supply chain or finance discipline- MBA preferred but not required
- 5 years minimum Purchasing, Supply Chain, or Engineering experience in body exterior systems including: injection molded plastics, class-A surface finishes, glass encapsulation, assembly processes etc etc.
- Extensive experience in sourcing two or more of the following exterior commodities: glass, mirrors, lighting, bumpers/fascia & decorative trims
- Enthusiasm and curiosity for understanding the in-scope manufacturing processes for assigned exterior commodities.
- Product launch experience preferred with a high emphasis on knowledge of quality principles, product development processes, and data analysis.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a team-first mindset that creates a vibrant, cohesive environment to help resolve problems, cascade best practices and deliver optimal results
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and problem-solving skills. Passion for results, strategy, and sense of ownership that leads to effective hand-on execution.
- Creative, calculated risk taker with the ability to manage difficult suppliers, mitigate unforeseen problems and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal staff
- Strong written and verbal skills as well as organizational and program management capabilities
- Proficient in Excel, Project, Power Point, Word, ERP systems (SAP or equivalent)
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.