Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Functional Safety Manager. This position requires an experienced professional with deep understanding of the ISO 26262standard and its successful application at an OEM or Tier 1. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Contribute to the overall architecture of Lucid Motors’ electric vehicle
- Architect and manage Lucid Motors’ functional safety strategy from concept to production
- Build a functional safety team to support vehicle design and validation tests
- Oversee a team to manage the functional safety conformity of Lucid’s HW and SW suppliers
- Design processes and an efficient toolchain to ensure Lucid Motors’ vehicle provides world class safety
- Promote and train functional safety processes and concepts within Lucid
- Define the safety system and help produce documents like Hazard and Risk Analysis (HARA), DFMEA, quantitative/qualitative fault tree analyses of the car's components as required.
- Specify safety requirements and safety concepts for system, hardware, and software architectures
- Own the Safety Program Plan and the Safety Case
- Approve vehicle road permission as per validation test results
- BS minimum in an engineering discipline such as computer science, electrical or mechanical engineering
- Advanced degrees preferred
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience as a functional safety engineer or related role
- Experience managing technical staff
- A thorough understanding of vehicle systems
- A thorough understanding of system architecture and design principles including V-Model
- An intimate knowledge of ISO 26262 and automotive SPICE
- A passion for streamlined engineering processes
- Excellent communication skills both towards engineering and management
- Good understanding of the responsibility share between supplier and OEM when it comes to product safety
- Experience with functional safety tools (e.g. Medini) and requirements management tools (e.g. Jama)
- Excellent writing and organization skills
- Experience with electric propulsion systems preferred but not required
- Experience with hardware or software product design
- Experience with autonomous driving and driver assist
LMHPBe part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.