Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a highly regarded senior leader. The Head of Chassis Engineering will focus and be responsible for vehicle development, research, technical leadership and delivery of state of the art chassis and vehicle dynamics. Technology development is your passion along with leading an outstanding team of engineers, scientists and prototype technicians. This vigorous role will execute current and future systems such as vehicle dynamics, suspension, steering and brakes.
Our ideal candidate will report to the VP of Hardware Engineering. He/She will exhibit a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates are expected to have demonstrated engineering excellence in the vehicle development and chassis fields, to possess the ability to lead and motivate/stimulate a strong team and to strive for perfection.
- Lead all aspects of the chassis department including vehicle dynamics CAE and test, Suspension, steering and brakes Design & Release.
- Lead and continue to build a world class chassis team, establishing state of the art analytical modeling for ride, handling, steering and roadloads.
- Lead and continue to build a development team that can fine tune a car for ride, handling, steering and braking as well as delivering a track capable vehicle performance version.
- Mentor the managers and technical staff to ensure the team is current with modeling and testing techniques.
- Manage the department budget for all projects.
- Set priorities for technical development based on a strategic assessment of risks versus rewards
- Regularly report out to the senior leadership team including the CTO/CEO.
- Organize test events, internal and at external labs and proving grounds.
- Follow the automotive advanced product quality planning (APQP) framework including failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA) and the production part approval process (PPAP)
- Understand and advise on all aspects of ongoing technical development, including design, analysis, and manufacturing of composite, metal, and thermoplastic parts
- Comply with all applicable company policies and procedures (i.e. Quality System Procedures)
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Lucid’s Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in system requirements.
- 10 or more years of experience in automotive vehicle development and chassis design and release.
- Five or more years of direct technical engineering experience in CAE or Testing in the field.
- Implement Best-In-Class approach and develop project definition, direction and lead process from inception to final deployment into production or completion of process.
- Proven track record of delivering refined vehicle dynamics performance.
- A creative problem-solving mindset with business acumen to aid teams in obtaining ideas, and lead through development and execution.
- Proven business knowledge, including the ability to assess and pursue new opportunities.
- Ability to manage project budgets and expenditures to project plan budget.
- Strong skills in: strategic thinking, teaming, communication, project management and analytical skills
- Exhibit high personal standards of commitment and integrity.
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple tasks to completion
- Ability to collaborate and work in team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Phd is preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.