Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are looking for an automotive Technical Project Manager- Body-in-White
. If you’re the kind of person who sees a problem, develops a solution, and engineers an improvement no one’s asked for yet, then we want to talk with you!
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates should have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly and work effectively in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment and be excellent at multi-tasking.
- In this role you will be embedded within the Body Structures, Closures, and Advanced Manufacturing Team and work cross functionally within the Hardware Engineering department. You will work with a team of engineers, program managers, and senior management in support of vehicle development, build, tooling timelines, program, and system timelines and ensure readiness for production. You will identify, prioritize, visualize, and communicate issues. A key responsibility of the role is to maintain overview of all timelines within the team, connect them with overall program timeline, identify issues, and work cross-functionally between engineering, manufacturing, suppliers, management, and other groups to solve the issues.
- Connect between program deliverables & timeline and body-in-white deliverables & timeline
- Track milestones, goals, progress, issues
- Remove roadblocks, create alignment, and drive the team members to the finish line
- Use tools such as Excel, Jira, Confluence to display status and derive priorities
- Establish team awareness of release status, mass tracking, Jira issues
- Collect and maintain body-in-white part, assembly, manufacturing, testing timelines
- Represent the team in the program timing and status meetings
- Support technical issues in vehicle operations
- Facilitate alignment between materials, joining, manufacturing, testing, CAE, supply chain teams for part availability, material & coupon availability, test timing
- Lead process development, documentation, optimization, and validation
- Develop and implement new technologies to improve production quality, capacity, and efficiency
- Set standard practices and independently determine impact to design approaches and parameters to the final product
- Provide direction and resources to engineering groups and project leaders as well as technicians
- At least 5+ years of experience in engineering and/or manufacturing
- Meaningful experience in introducing luxury and/or electric vehicles into production a large plus
- Ability to communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Consistent record of cost reduction, project management, and engineering design required
- Direct experience leading functional engineering teams a plus
- Shown bottom line project management experience (Planning, Cost, & Delivery)
- Experience working with International OEM partners
- Ability to travel as needed
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- MS or BS in related Engineering discipline or MBA
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.