As a technician with the Skip DC team, you will service our electric vehicles and make sure they are running their best every day. Technicians are at the heart of each depot working on Skips and testing to make sure they are the highest level of quality and safety before they are released to the public. You will have the opportunity to develop valuable technical skills in a fast-paced, collaborative, and mission-driven company.
Skip's mission is to energize cities by making mobility accessible to everyone. We believe this requires designing every aspect of a micro-mobility network from the ground up. This includes custom vehicle hardware, the software-defined fleet management system, and ground operations for safety and recharging. Our success will make it easier for everyone to work, play, and connect in their communities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Service, repair, and test new types of electric vehicles in a fast-growing industry
- Get fully trained on how to repair light electric vehicles for fleet use
- Inspect and evaluate vehicles and escalate issues when needed
- Assemble and disassemble vehicles using hand and power tools
- Repair sub-assemblies such as handlebars, decks and IoT's (cell phone)
- Test and clear scooters through an Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) process for release
- Log details of the repair on the computer ticketing system
- Collaborate with team members to meet efficiency goals and solve complex challenges
YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- The ability to pass a background check
- Previous experience working on automotive, motorcycle, HVAC, electronic repair, and bicycles
- Adept with power tools and ability to work on small mechanical assemblies
- The ability to listen and learn new tasks
- A basic command of the English language to communicate effectively
- A willingness to multi-task and take on different roles around the shop
- A strong work ethic and dependable
- Availability on Monday through Friday from 7am to 4pm OR Thursday through Monday from 8am to 5pm
- Attention to detail
- Discipline to maintain an organized workspace
- The ability to solder is a plus but not a requirement
WHAT WE OFFER:
WHY JOIN SKIP?
- The satisfaction of delivering an amazing experience for millions of people, from complete strangers to your friends and family.
- A culture built around putting the customer first, prioritizing dependability, safety, and transparency.
- The opportunity to learn about and solve difficult technical challenges, such as fleet management for hundreds of thousands of light electric vehicles.
- Personal, professional, and leadership growth at a fast-growing startup at its inflection point.
- Competitive salaries and benefits, including coverage for health, dental, and vision insurance
Designing from the ground up is important for supply chain and fleet management, especially when it comes to reliability, safety, business management, and a great rider experience. Our leadership team has the most experience in designing light electric vehicles from the ground up. Our founders previously were co-founders at Boosted, where they designed and built the first reliable micromobility vehicle and presented their work at TED
We know our customers aren’t just our riders, but also the public and city governments. We helped create the first scooter sharing permit in the US, were the first to share data on scooter usage with cities, and have been at the front of transparent operation around fleet management and vehicle safety. The result is deeper collaboration with cities, fewer complaints from the public, and a better experience for our riders.
We are backed by some of the world’s best investors, including Accel, Menlo, Y Combinator, Initialized, A Capital, and Paul Graham.