Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Design and Release Engineer for Chassis, you will create the components that control lateral, longitudinal and vertical control of world leading electric vehicles. You will engage with attribute groups and other system owners to make a premier steering, suspension and braking system from concept to production.
- Design and develop chassis components from initial concept to PPAP. Components include everything that exists in the suspension, steering and braking systems
- Establish requirements for components based on the need of the vehicle (Strength, Durability, Stiffness, Corrosion, etc.)
- Evaluate different types of manufacturing methods for achieving the best combination of weight, attributes and cost
- Design with excellence at system and component level, with great attention to every detail
- Work closely with both internal teams and external suppliers, using creativity and teamwork to integrate multiple systems in the most efficient way possible
- Work closely with stakeholders and attribute owners across the company (Vehicle Safety, Vehicle Dynamics, NVH, Durability, Manufacturing, etc.)
- Coordinate virtual engineering and physical validation testing activities for your designs
- Determine required tolerances using GD&T
- Manage multiple complex projects in a demanding environment
- Travel domestically and internationally as required
- A strong desire to create state-of-the-art engineering products as an integral part of a very capable team
- A flair for creative design engineering and problem-solving
- Excellent 3D CAD skills, proficient with CATIA V5/V6 or similar software
- Hands-on practical experience in prototype assembly or vehicle service and assembly
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (Extrusions, Castings, Stampings, etc.)
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Formula SAE or equivalent vehicle design experience
- 3+ years of automotive mechanical design engineering experience
- Knowledge of vehicle crash safety principles
- Knowledge of vehicle dynamics principles
- Knowledge of NVH principles
- Ability to run CAE analysis tools
- Driven-vehicle attributes development experience
- BS/BEng or MS/MEng, or equivalent experience, in Mechanical Engineering
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.