At Beyond Meat, we started with simple questions. Why do you need an animal to create meat? Why can’t you build meat directly from plants? Thus, we make plant-based meats that allow families to eat more, not less, of the traditional dishes they love while feeling great about the health, sustainability, and animal welfare benefits of plant protein. Our goal is to bring exciting change to the plate—and Beyond.OVERVIEW
This entry-level position supports rapid prototyping, quality control, and sensory studies for the R&D division in El Segundo, CA. The Innovation Assistant will assist the Scientist with the preparation of new food samples for others to test. This individual must approach all tasks in a meticulous and careful manner with little margin of error. Successful candidates will gain industry experience in a technical sector of the food industry, build their knowledge of food functionality, interact with researchers of various fields, and hone their communication skills.
- Measure, weigh, and mix specific test ingredients in a very precise and careful manner
- Maintain sanitation, health and safety standards in the work area
- Wash test equipment, measuring devices, and other lab tools; put away in designated storage
- Keep prep space clean and tidy. Follow all sanitation and quality policies and procedures and report any deficiencies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Some experience in a lab setting
- Has used and understands how to use a scale in a laboratory setting
- Understands and follows written and verbal instructions
- Flexible in a fast paced environment
- A Bachelors Degree is not required for this role
- Standing 90% of the time while in the lab
- Frequent bending and lifting
- Lifting items not exceeding 20 lbs.
*Note: If you have a Bachelors Degree, consider applying for our Food Technologist
**Hourly Rate commensurate with experienceBeyond Meat is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. Beyond Meat reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.