Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The ADAS team is currently seeking a Group manager to be responsible for the ADAS/AD Embedded SW Engineering. This position requires an experienced professional with a track record of successfully bringing new automotive ADAS and/or Autonomous Driving (AD) features into production.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Manage the ADAS/AD embedded SW engineering group and lead the development
- Contribute to the ADAS/AD embedded SW roadmap, strategic planning, production rollout planning
- Lead the ADAS/AD embedded SW, platform SW, ADAS/AD middleware, sensor driver, diagnostics modules, porting the ADAS/AD software stacks into embedded platform
- Lead ADAS/AD system production deployments, sourcing, managing suppliers, quality management
- Be responsible for all the ADAS embedded SW release
- Manage supplier partnership and engagement
- Work closely with Tier 1 suppliers and internal teams to implement innovative solutions
- Contribute to the timely delivery of fully validated, high-quality customer features
- Optimize performance, safety and security of the software using state-of-the art algorithms and dedicated hardware components
- Integrate, test and validate software components to ensure the required high software quality level and conformity to industry standards
- Work closely with other teams to ensure good communication to achieve a seamless and robust vehicle implementation
- Be part of a fast-paced, highly motivated agile team developing cutting-edge ADAS/AD customer features for the Lucid Air
- Proven track record of bringing automotive ADAS/AD customer features and/or SW into production
- In-depth experience in experience developing commercial products using embedded systems
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN, Ethernet), cybersecurity, Over the air (OTA) programming, and diagnostic module development experience
- Experience designing, debugging, testing and bringing up complex hardware/software systems
- Experience with automotive supplier interaction, specification development, project/release management, change management
- Capability and creativity to successfully complete projects with unconventional ideas in highly constrained, innovative startup environments
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Great to Have
- Previous managing experience from automotive an OEM or a Tier1
- Previous experience with ADAS/AD customer functions at a Tier 1 or OEM
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and applicable (safety) standards for typical ADAS features (e.g. ASPICE, ISO26262, FMVSS, EuroNCAP)
- Knowledge of embedded software architectures and software patterns
- Experience with testing techniques, e.g. unit, HIL, SIL testing
- Experience with working on drivers for peripherals for embedded systems
- Experience with implementing real-time video streaming over Ethernet
- ADAS/AD Sensor calibration, End of Line calibration software development experience
- ADAS/AD Feature development experience
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Automotive Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Robotics, or other related fields
- Higher degrees preferred
- 3 years of managing experience or 10 years engineering experience, ideally in the automotive field
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.