Senior Sales Account Executive
Location: Berkeley, CA, Detroit, MI, or remote (US)
“The battery is the technology of our time.” -The Economist
Voltaiq is a Battery Intelligence software company. Our data platform brings unprecedented analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. World-leading brands — including global automakers in Detroit and Germany, household-name tech giants, and unicorn startups — depend on Voltaiq software to accelerate product development, optimize performance, ensure safety and reliability, and unlock financial value in their products. Our high-powered team is composed of battery industry veterans, PhD scientists, a highly skilled product and engineering team, and an advisory board of C-level industry execs, all of whom are passionate about enabling the global energy transition. Voltaiq is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, serving customers around the world.
The Senior Sales Account Executive will be directly responsible for growing Voltaiq’s customer base. The primary responsibilities of this role include managing the entire sales cycle, from prospecting through deal close and renewal/expansion. This role will also support the development of sales strategies, conduct sales operations, and work to expand existing accounts in collaboration with the Voltaiq Customer Success Team. The successful candidate will be self-driven and results-oriented, and will have the ability to learn and thrive in an agile customer-focused role. We put a premium on any candidate with experience in lithium ion batteries and a strong working knowledge of the multiple battery-dependent industry verticals. This position reports to Voltaiq’s Director of Sales.
- Meet or exceed sales quota and contribute to Voltaiq’s top-line revenue goals
- Shepherd deals from initial contact through close
- Assist with new customer growth activity and development of new opportunities through outbound lead generation, conferences, web-conferences and in-person meetings
- Develop relationships with key customer decision-makers in our vertical markets (transportation, consumer electronics, battery cell manufacturers and their suppliers) with the objective of growing revenue and further building on Voltaiq’s presence
- Become intimately familiar with Voltaiq products and capabilities to competently present this information to customers and demonstrate the software
- Understand customer needs to identify and promote Voltaiq-driven solutions
- Update the CRM in a timely manner with all current account information including organization maps, meeting notes, and contacts
- Provide weekly updates to forecast with current revenue projections for existing customers and new opportunities
- Support the development of improved sales operations as we grow the sales team
- Partner with the Customer Success team to explore new business opportunities at existing customers with the goal of increasing revenue
- Manage or support customer pilots as needed
- Up to 80% travel to customer sites and tradeshows (subject to global health based restrictions)
- 5+ years in enterprise software sales into Fortune-500 customers, with the ability to recognize the “decision makers” and connect with them on an enterprise level
- Proven ability to create and drive the sales process from prospecting to close
- Demonstrated account management skills, preferably in a senior or leadership role, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Strong CRM reporting and organizational mapping skills; highly process oriented. You must rely heavily on data and be an expert in telling the story that data brings
- Strong executive presence - experience and comfort level working with C-level execs
- Ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical teams
- Excellent communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Desire and ability to thrive in dynamic, high-demand agile environment
- Experience with corporate networking and information technology teams is a plus
- Technical experience working directly in or peripherally with the lithium ion battery market in either a sales or applications role, is a plus
- Undergraduate or Graduate technical degree with an materials, electrical, mechanical, or electrochemical focus is a plus
- Native speaker ability or high business fluency in one of the following languages is a plus: German, French, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits.
Voltaiq is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy, in all aspects of employment.