Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Our Arizona Supplier Quality Engineering team enables the uninterrupted flow of World Class product to our Lucid Motors Manufacturing sites in Arizona. In this highly visible role, the Supplier Quality Engineer works together with Incoming Quality, Manufacturing Quality and our Suppliers to ensure that all standards are being met, all received product meets Engineering Specifications and Appearance requirements which will enable Lucid Motors’s manufacturing team to assemble the most impressive Electric Vehicle ever produced.
- Highly effective technical communicator.
- Strong dimensional control & part acceptance criteria knowledge
- Investigate supplier quality issues to determine root cause, conduct incoming parts inspections as needed and identify and implement corrective actions.
- Work with suppliers to optimize manufacturing techniques when necessary to meet design requirements.
- Implement departmental processes such as control and reaction plans to protect factory’s quality & delivery plans and forge excellent cross-functional relationships with manufacturing quality teams.
- React immediately to any supplier-related abnormality. With a sense of urgency, drive an interim solution to the affected process and lead the team in establishing the root cause.
- Organize 3rd party containment and sorting activities.
- Ensure that any product enhancement meets Engineering specifications and appearance approvals.
- Close interaction with supply chain team, suppliers and manufacturing quality to align requirements and expectations. Objectively assist suppliers to achieve quality goals and drive a continuous improvement mindset.
- Perform supplier audits and assessments. Develop process improvement plans and drive immediate implementation; monitor and maintain performance metrics
- Lead investigations for supplier quality issues to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective actions, drive sustained long-term permanent and preventive actions and report out to the manufacturing teams effected.
- Develop quality plans, design test methods and gages, identify potential failure modes and process weaknesses and drive corrective actions
- Travel up to 25%, occasionally on short notice
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- High-volume manufacturing background required with experience in the area of placement
- Ability to read and interpret schematics and drawings and an in-depth knowledge of quality standards and specifications in the area of placement
- Excellent analytical abilities, technical writing ability and comprehensive understanding of quality toolbox (8D’s, AIAG, TS 16949, SPC, DOE, GD&T, etc.)
- Certification preferred – American Society for Quality, Six Sigma Black Belt, etc.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills, hands-on and data driven, be able to adopt to the dynamic working environment, creative mindset in problem solving
- BS in Engineering, MS preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.