We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
We are looking for a hardworking Technical Program Manager to join the Embedded Systems teams TPM group in San Francisco.
A little bit about the teams within this department.
The team writes and tests the first layer of software that runs on our autonomous vehicles. Our work ranges from collaborating with hardware to moving large amounts of data into the software stack. We connect our vehicles to reality, bridging the gap between the AV’s sensors and actuators and the highly sophisticated self-driving software — all while focusing on quality and safety.
As the Sr TPM, you will be responsible for leading technical programs, scheduling landmarks, and defining acceptance criteria to ensure successful timely delivery. TPMs are responsible for the “when” and the “how” of the program, and hold their teams accountable to deliver on research and engineering projects to achieve business objectives.
If you're interested in solving some of the most exciting Robotics problems in the industry, let’s chat!
What you’ll be doing:
- Drives the formulation and review of department roadmaps and objectives on a quarterly and monthly cadence
- Effectively collaborate with hardware, program management office, and suppliers
- Partner with System Engineers to turn requirements and technical specs into achievable implementation roadmaps, including planning timelines and landmarks and identifying cross-team dependencies
- Work with Engineering Managers to ensure teams tackle a balanced assignment of critical initiatives, iterative improvements, and proactive engineering quality investments. Support calculation of team capacity vs estimated workload, and ensure the team can deliver on their commitments
- Ensure smooth execution of programs and continuously improve execution overtime
- Promote effective communication within the TPM group to efficiently execute, filter, summarize reporting across the department to resolve, bring up issues and celebrate wins.
- Lead and improve multi-functional execution processes
- Establish confidence from partner teams to continuously minimize distractions or conflicts and push groups to improve their output.
- Use technical judgement in working with large, cross engineering teams
- Work with Technical Leads on design decisions, and chip in to the department design reviews to ensure we continue to raise our technical standards
What you must have:
- 5+ years of technical tried experience (2+ Embedded Systems)
- Supervise record of driving execution across engineering org and job functions (Hardware, Systems, Test, Software)
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical field (former engineer)
- Experience leading complex fast-paced safety critical initiatives spanning multiple teams and organizations, often with conflicting priorities and schedules
- Effective at building consensus across different function (HW, System, Test, SW)
- Self motivation and passion to manage your teams, encourage standard methodologies, and constantly improve
- Passionate about self-driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Experience with safety critical development (FDA, FAA, Automotive, Aerospace)
- Exposure to verifying and validating safety critical software and systems
- Experience developing autonomous vehicles
- Experience with DO-178, ISO-26262, or IEC-62304
- Experience with modern C++11 or later development
- Experience working with ROS or other robotics frameworks
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.