The Digital Systems team is responsible for designing and architecting the electronic and software systems for the next generation vehicles with full autonomous driving capabilities, and also developing core components (including hardware, software, tools) from the ground up. Our mission is to innovate next generation vehicle architecture and make it happen on mass produced vehicles.
- Design, Architect, and Deliver end-to-end Next Generation Systems Software, Frameworks and Tools related to Core functionality to NIO's Automotive Platform.
- Propose and socialize innovative yet practical software solutions and roadmap
- Deliver on technical documentation
- Be a significant contributor to digital architecture design for next-generation vehicles around autonomous driving, centralized compute, high speed data processing, and high efficiency & safety.
- Lead the design of scalable software platform (including vehicle operating system, hardware abstraction, middleware) for intelligent vehicles.
- Study key technologies related to Software Defined Vehicles, such as virtualization, redundant networking, robotic software frameworks.
- Follow industry trends and study competitors’ technical stacks.
- Perform Proof of Concept implementation for new technologies or new designs.
- Partner with engineering teams to understand real-world constraints and help deploy new designs on mass produced vehicles.
- Promote common software paradigms and best coding practices to engineering teams.
- Mentor engineers across the greater engineering organization.
- 10+ years software development experience with a combination of development of some of the following: embedded systems, BSP, OS frameworks, Abstraction Layer, Middleware, RTOS or Hypervisor Development.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Technology degree.
- Established technologist with hands-on experience of Operating Systems frameworks development and networking.
- Hands-on experience designing and building middleware for complex distributed systems.
- Strong systems thinker.
- Deep understanding of real-time systems and embedded devices.
- Experience with prototyping and socializing your technical ideas.
- Experience with architecture design tools.
- Great communication skills and ability to communicate efficiently on different levels to a different audience.
- Ability to influence and socialize technical ideas across the engineering organization.
NIO Inc. is a pioneer in China’s premium smart electric vehicle market. Founded in November 2014, NIO’s mission is to shape a joyful lifestyle. NIO aims to build a community starting with smart electric vehicles to share joy and grow together with users. NIO designs, jointly manufactures, and sells smart premium electric vehicles, driving innovations in next-generation technologies in connectivity, autonomous driving, and artificial intelligence. Redefining the user experience, NIO provides users with comprehensive and convenient power solutions, innovative Battery as a Service (BaaS) program, and other user-centric services. NIO began deliveries of the ES8, a 7-seater flagship premium electric SUV, in China in June 2018, and its variant, the 6-seater ES8, in March 2019. NIO officially launched the ES6, a 5-seater high-performance premium electric SUV, in December 2018 and began deliveries of the ES6 in June 2019. NIO officially launched the EC6, a 5-seater premium electric coupe SUV, in December 2019 and began deliveries of the EC6 in September 2020.Equal Employment Opportunity
NIO is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law. NIO US is an E-Verify employer.