Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We are currently seeking a qualified FTZ Administrator in to join our growing Global Trade Compliance team. This position requires an experienced professional with good working knowledge and experience in the area of Import & Export Compliance (U.S. and Int’l). We are looking for an outstanding individual who possesses ambition, integrity, personal accountability, a high level of energy and enthusiasm with a positive attitude, and a passion for import/export compliance and customer service. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a dynamic, fast-paced environment. A successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the management of our Manufacturing Foreign Trade Zone program in Arizona. The FTZ Administrator will have focus and oversight over all operational aspects of Lucid's FTZ activities in its FTZ Subzone in Arizona.
- Act as the primary SME and company liaison with local Customs (Phoenix) to resolve issues effectively and timely.
- Assist with maintaining, updating, and implementing all FTZ-related SOP's to inform all relevant parties on all required operational practices and protocols.
- Working with key internal and external partners, perform routine system and operational audits to ensure Lucid's compliance with all FTZ operational requirements is maintained at all times and report findings. Perform root cause analysis, then develop and implement corrective action plan (CAP), monitor the progress.
- Assist with oversight and management of all FTZ record-keeping requirements.
- Provide oversight and support to the Inventory Control Manager, Lucid's contracted FTZ Managed Services provider, and Lucid’s FTZ software provider to ensure all of Lucid's FTZ reporting activities are timely and compliant.
- Train key personnel on FTZ activities where required.
- Prepare for and lead the annual compliance review with CBP (Customs).
- Report internal FTZ-related KPI’s.
- Provide any other support to the Head of Trade Compliance, as needed.
- Self-motivation and strong self-initiative, with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
- A strong individual contributor who can work with minimal oversight and direction.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others; Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working across all levels of an organization.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of solid experience working in a dynamic Global Trade Compliance environment customs compliance experience in a complex import/export environment.
- Minimum of 3 years of FTZ experience, including working familiarity with FTZ software (e.g., QuestaWeb, Integration Point)
- Good understanding and working experience with section 19 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Part 146 on Foreign Trade Zones
- Good understanding of the Rules of Origin (Preferential & Non-Preferential)
- Good understanding of Incoterms
- Strong ability to identify, interpret, understand, and deal with multiple complex int’l trade matters simultaneously
- Ability to keep abreast of key import/export compliance issues, industry news and trends, changes in regulations through research, industry news updates, attending trade compliance industry webinars, workshops, conferences.
- Strong ability to collaborate and develop a good cross functional working relationship with various internal and external partners. Strong effective and persuasive verbal and written communication with internal and external partners, different levels of management, and government agencies.
- Strong ability to read and interpret technical specifications, etc.
- Must be proactive, self-motivating, resourceful, flexible, well-organized, detail-oriented, and team-oriented. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Strong working experience with an Importer/Exporter, preferably a manufacturer such as an automaker, auto parts manufacturer, or a high-tech equipment manufacturer.
- Strong experience working with or for a Customs Broker (both preferred). Must have a good knowledge and understanding of how Customs Brokers operate.
- Strong interpersonal skills - must be diplomatic, maintain composure, and work well in a fast-paced, dynamic, cross-functional work environment. Must be effective in influencing and building relationships with key internal and external partners.
- Strong ability to work independently and be able to assess issues and make decisions quickly, needing only general supervision.
- Be a strong team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and willingness to support the team and share knowledge.
- Proficient in PC MS Office applications, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Email (Outlook), Video Conference and Chat applications (Teams, Zoom, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effective issue identification and problem-solving skills.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.