Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Employee Relations leader will be a key member of the HR leadership team, reporting directly to the Chief People Officer and will be responsible for all aspects of design, implementation and administration of Employee Relations programs. This role requires experience and proven performance conducting investigations, changing or introducing new programs that reflect current law and regulations, and leverage data insights to drive decision making. It will be your role to balance long-term strategy planning with the ability to create sustainable, scalable, actionable and measurable plans that are understood by all stakeholders. Your understanding of all aspects of the business will be essential as a thought leader on strategic solutions that maintain the company’s ability to attract, engage, and retain employees while ensuring the organization is in compliant with regulations and our culture aspirations.
- Establish the long term-vision, goals, and strategies to continue to refine Lucid Motor’s employee relations activities such as management consultation, complaint resolution, and compliance
- Audit existing processes and workflows, augment, streamline and refine as required by new policies, laws, and company initiatives
- Develop, refine and maintain employee relations tracking systems; collect and analyze employee relations data and prepare periodic reports
- Provide guidance and support to staff on the grievance process, including conducting fair and impartial investigations, and providing timely responses to staff complaints.
- Provide individual and/or group advice, guidance, professional support to leadership, management, and employees with respect to interpretation and application of employee relations and associated policies, practices, and procedures
- Conduct end to end investigations, which will include interviews, preparing documentation for legal and executive review, and recommendations. Presenting findings and recommendations to the VP of People, General Counsel, and/or CEO.
- Investigate disciplinary matters and advise of recommendations and actions
- Review and update Employee Handbook and develop and recommend new policies
- Ensure compliance with all relevant country, state and local labor and employment laws, regulations, and policies
- Partner with Talent Management to regularly assess and report on employee morale with an attitude of continuous improvement, constantly seeking opportunities to better support employees and foster their professional development while supporting positive employer/employee relationships that promote a high level of professionalism and motivation.
- Project manage cross-functional issues to create/maintain an inclusive environment, assist in navigating challenges, and work with leadership to escalate and resolve systemic concerns
- Communicate current and new employee relations policies and procedures to staff
- Leverage data to provide insights that drive decision-making and tie constructive themes back to productive Employee Relations training, mentoring, and coaching to managers
- Research, identify, and interpret current and emerging employee relations issues, trends, and opportunities; develops and implements responsive programs, initiatives, and communications
- Facilitates training for all staff on employee relations policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and consulting skills with the ability to build relationships with, influence, and coach leaders across all levels of the organization and hold them accountable to metrics
- Ability to work effectively in a global organization and build strong relationships across fuctions and teams
- Effective conflict resolution, facilitation, and consultation skills and skill in fact-finding, analysis, problem-solving and consulting to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Excellent judgment, political sensitivity, and ability to maintain confidentiality and act collaboratively and discreetly
- Independent thinker that can provide strategic thought leadership
- Ability to collect and analyze data, qualitative and quantitative, to set the strategic direction for their work
- Outstanding project management skills with strong attention to detail and ability to efficiently and simultaneously manage multiple multi-month projects to completion
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
- Exposure to talent management functions and the ability to leverage the interdependencies of the talent team to maximize impact
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- The ideal candidate shall possess an undergraduate degree with advanced degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, or another related field is preferred.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.