Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.We currently seek a Senior Energy Storage System Safety Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a firm appreciation of the challenges associated with the safe design, production, and integration of energy-dense high-performance high voltage battery in an ESS. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be responsible for developing and documenting the safety case of the high voltage Stationary Energy Storage System (ESS). This includes electrical, mechanical and thermal safety topics and applies to the ESS at every stage of its life from prototyping, through production, customer use and end of life.
- Conduct safety analysis based on your understanding of every aspect of the battery system design, using engineering tools such as Fault Tree Analysis, DFMEA, Functional Safety processes.
- The knowledge of the following standard is a real added value: IEC 61508, UL1973, UL 9540, NEC 705, NEC 480, NFPA 1, NFPA 70, UL 3001.
- Integrate with and advise the existing engineering team regarding ESS safety.
- Validate ESS safety cases, ensure regulatory compliance and field safety of the ESS.
- Articulate and advocate for ESS safety effectively to every level of management.
- Use engineering fundamentals to explain safety topics to engineers not directly in the ESS safety field.
- Direct experience in the mechanical and/or electrical design of high voltage components.
- Knowledge of the energetic failure modes of Li-ion based ESS.
- Proven track record of effective documentation of sensitive and mission-critical topics.
- Competent knowledge of electrical, mechanical and materials theories, and the ability to articulate and demonstrate your knowledge.
- A history of working independently with limited oversight or input.
- Ability to mitigate unforeseen problems creatively and effectively.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Great to Have
- The ability to show and explain extra-curricular activities that demonstrate initiative and a genuine passion in a similar or related field.(This could be a conversation piece or a more formal portfolio of work)
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering, Master's Preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.