Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Mapping and Localization Engineer for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with a strong programming skills and solid knowledge of state-of-the-art mapping and localization algorithms.
- Work in a world-class Autonomous Driving and ADAS team
- Design of the mapping and localization software architecture for Lv. 2/3/4 autonomous driving systems
- Design, prototype, engineer, test, release and launch cutting edge mapping and localization software stacks into the Lucid production programs
- Implement high-quality automotive grade software code compliant to automotive quality and safety standards
- Work closely with other teams to ensure a seamless and robust implementation
- Support the production validation and verification of the mapping and localization algorithms using prototype vehicles, pre-production vehicles
- Enhance and improve the existing s/w stacks of the autonomous driving system
- Propose a cutting edge s/w algorithm for the future autonomous driving systems
- Experience in one or more of the following areas related to mapping and localization for ADAS / AD: state estimation, probabilistic filtering, SLAM, 3D reconstruction, nonlinear optimization, visual and Lidar odometry, sensor fusion, computer vision, point cloud processing, sensor registration, sensor calibration, machine learning, deep learning
- Proven experience developing, implementing and extending novel mapping and localization algorithms
- Experience writing efficient, clean code in C++
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical knowledge and creativity required to solve Autonomous Driving
- Experience with multiple sensors (e.g. camera, LIDAR, radar, GPS, IMU, odometry)
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven track record of technical excellence
- Knowledge of ROS, DDS or other middleware systems
- Experience writing MISRA conform automotive code
- Experience in working in agile development teams
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and verification on system and vehicle level
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations (ASPICE, ISO 26262), industry benchmark and customer requirements
- Experience in automotive supplier interaction, specification development, release management, change management
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- Ideally, 3+ years of work experience
- Advanced degrees / Ph.D. preferred for senior positions
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.