Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Body in White Equipment Engineer will be responsible for taking the lead role in designing new Body in White equipment at Lucid. The Body in White Equipment Engineer will work closely with Logistics, Manufacturing Operations, Facilities, Product Engineering, New Product Introduction and other cross-functional teams to ensure Body in White equipment is properly designed and installed.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead technical efforts of teams engaged in complex equipment engineering development
- Able to work cross-functionally with all disciplines involved in specifying and engineering Body in White equipment
- Work collaboratively with project team on all stages of Body in White line development from conception to launch
- Ability to efficiently implement engineering solutions on manufacturing equipment based on product design changes
- Utilize analytic problem-solving skills, including knowledge of 8D, Six Sigma, DOE or similar certifications/ disciplines
- Use of 3D modeling and simulations to validate equipment designs
- Familiarity with equipment control systems, equipment I/Os and basic machine coding logic
- Work with layout engineering to prepare and optimize Body in White equipment layouts
- Experience working with the following equipment: robotics, end of arm tooling, pick and place automation, position sensors, material handling, fluid dispensing, deflection analysis, vision systems, conveyor and laser cleaning/ metrology
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering required
- 3-5 years in Body in White Equipment/ Manufacturing Engineering
- Experience in the automotive Body in White equipment design/ sustaining is a must
- Ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicates clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Catia and Delmia
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.