Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.The Passive Safety Crash & Sled Test team is responsible for executing, analyzing and reporting on crash and sled tests within required program timelines, primarily focusing on vehicle development, regulatory certification, and consumer crash testing. We seek a Vehicle Safety Technician to w
ork with the Test Engineer to prepare component level, crash vehicles and vehicle bucks for testing.
- Support vehicle teardown events and support the analysis of results from the testing.
- Work in a team-based environment to conduct sled tests according to written and oral requests and procedures, while ensuring a high level of quality and repeatability.
- Retrofit and rebuild test samples to match desired test configurations.
- Installation/removal of sled test fixtures.
- Installation/removal of critical crash components from test vehicles.
- Measure and scan using a Coordinate Measurement Machine (CMM)
- Document test-setup details and incidents found during setup and testing.
- Fabricate sled and component test fixtures as required for testing needs.
- Organize, label, and store test samples and components.
- Operate and maintain a safe working environment for all employees at all times.
- Wide variety of experience repairing and replacing components on passenger vehicles. Electric Vehicle experience preferred.
- Ability to operate a wide variety of tools and shop equipment.
- Ability to fabricate steel and aluminum fixtures using a variety of fabrication and machine shop equipment
- Ability to use computers effectively for communication and reporting (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively in all forms (verbal, calls, texts, emails)
- A go-getter attitude and the desire to do things right.
- Ability to maintain an organized and clean laboratory work environment. Adhere to and enforce 5S standards.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Effectively handle multiple priorities, organize workload, and meet deadlines.
- Maintain top level professional integrity and appearance as a test technician.
- An Associate Degree in Engineering or Automotive Technology from an accredited institution or Automotive OEM Test Technician Training and/or equivalent work experience.
- Ability and willingness to travel to domestic and internationally test facilities.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.