Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Engineering Intern. This position requires an intimate knowledge of lithium-ion batteries and a strong background in electrochemical data analysis. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with Cell Team members to analyze electrochemical datasets and produce data-driven insights.
- Perform cell cycling and specialized battery cell related tests.
- Contribute to special prototype R&D projects.
- Attend regular group and 1-1 meetings to present progress updates.
- Clearly document work progress and conclusions.
- Strong knowledge of lithium-ion cell chemistry and general electrochemistry
- Proficient with a statistical programming language for data analysis and designing experiments
- Experience with battery testing equipment (Maccor, Arbin, etc.) and electrochemical lab work.
- Experience in analyzing large data sets
- High level of mathematical and data analysis capabilities
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented attitude
- Comfortable with taking ownership of projects
- 1+ years of experience using battery test equipment
- Expertise in MATLAB, Python, or other relevant programming languages
- Experience in using a database
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree, Masters, or a PhD in Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Material Science Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Chemistry, and other related fields.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.