Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.About You:
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing team. In partnership with the sales team, the account executive will be responsible for managing the end to end sales process with our shipping customers.
- Source, engage, qualify and educate prospective partners on the Convoy value proposition.
- Close strategic partnerships with Directors and Vice Presidents from Fortune 1000 companies; and remain engaged with partners to drive growth.
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue, partnership and pipeline development initiatives; including net new partnerships won, shipment volume(s) and revenue.
- Manage deal flow from initial partner contact to contract signing, via Salesforce. Collaborate on deal management with internal and external partners across launch, management and growth.
- Execute and build upon a collaborative new business development process with other key stakeholders, including the Convoy executive team, operations and account management.
- Ability to adapt and flex within a fluid business environment; growing rapidly and dynamic in nature.
We're looking for someone who has:
- 5-7 years of new sales / business development experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Consistent experience exceeding quotas and proven top performer.
- Proven new business cultivation and prospecting within a set client list; comfort and success in prospecting.
- Experience in managing client strategy and revenue growth with executives at Fortune 1000 companies.
- Transportation or other logistics industry experience involving recent history of embracing new technology is a plus, not required.
- Demonstrated experience selling multiple products/programs and bringing new solutions to market.
- Demonstrated experience in exceeding new business targets through outbound sales methods (e.g. cold-calling, emails, LinkedIn, etc.)
- High energy and strong desire to achieve top results with a positive can-do attitude over the phone and in person.
- Expertise at quickly building rapport and strong business relationships; team-focused mentality.
- Startup experience is a strong plus…!
- Passion for innovation, problem solving, and flexibility to drive business at scale.
- Strong verbal and written communication, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Self motivated, coachable, and resilient attitude
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra * On demand primary care through 98.6* Generous paid time off* Paid parental leave program * Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny * Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!