Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We currently seek a highly regarded senior technical leader who will be responsible for research, product strategy, product development and delivery of energy storage system products. The ideal candidate has a passion for technology development along with building and leading outstanding teams of engineers, scientists and prototype technicians. This role requires someone who is capable of defining product roadmaps, building pilot projects and delivering the products for Lucid’s new Energy business line. This role will focus on working with development teams across multiple subsystems and faculties to understand and master the design space in terms of product performance, and long-term reliability and cost. Candidates are expected to have demonstrated engineering excellence in the energy storage field, to possess the ability to lead and motivate / stimulate a strong team and to strive for perfection.
- Lead Lucid’s Energy Storage System development and activities with direct and matrixed resources for all systems: cells, battery packs, modules, battery management software, inverters, power electronics, safety systems, and related hardware and software
- Lead prototype builds and global pilot projects
- Manage, mentor and build teams, talent development, recruiting and retention
- Work with business development/finance to define key target markets for energy storage and develop and engineer the product for those target markets
- Collaborate with other groups to ensure safety, compliance, cost, efficiency, etc.
- MS or PhD in Engineering or Energy related fields
- 8+ years’ experience in energy storage system development, lithium-ion preferred
- Proven track record at senior level in engineering, design and validation of advanced energy storage systems for production
- Direct experience taking storage products through their development process from conceptual design to a manufactured product, ideally home, business and utility scale.
- Proven track record of excellent management capacity leading groups of engineers and scientists in fast-paced environments
- A broad industry network and proven ability to interface at executive level
Preferred Skills / Experience / Competencies
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Drive for Results: Drives for high performance, takes responsibility and works towards planning targets, overcoming obstacles, setbacks and uncertainty.
- Business Acumen: Contributes to the company strategy and aligns the strategic priorities of own area with the direction and strategic priorities of the broader organization.
- Customer Centricity: Anticipates evolving customer needs and how to address them, doing the right thing in the right way
- Decision Making: Makes timely, informed decisions that consider the facts, goals, constraints, and risks.
- Analytical Thinking: Gathers relevant information, identifies key issues, compares data from different sources; draws appropriate conclusions to arrive at appropriate solutions.
- Teamwork & Collaboration: Facilitates Collaboration, actively engaging to make joint decisions and share best practices.
- Displays Global Perspective: Conveys an understanding of the organization's global market position, opportunities, capabilities, and competitive threats and takes cultural issues and geographic differences into account when making plans and decisions.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.