Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
Embedded Software Engineer - ADAS / Autonomous Driving
We are currently seeking an Embedded Software Engineer for our ADAS / AD (Autonomous Driving) team. This position requires a strong background in embedded automotive software development and testing. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Implement efficient and robust software for our embedded autonomous driving compute platform, such as sensor drivers, middleware components, diagnostics, perception/planning/control modules, and ADAS/AD customer features
- Optimize performance, safety and security of the software using state-of-the art algorithms and dedicated hardware components
- Integrate, test and validate software components to ensure the required high software quality level and conformity to industry standards
- Be part of a fast-paced, highly motivated agile team developing cutting-edge ADAS/AD customer features for the Lucid Air!
- Demonstrated excellence in object oriented programming with C++ and/or strong C programming skills
- Extensive experience with Linux or QNX
- Demonstrated experience developing commercial products using embedded systems
Experience in at least one or more of following areas :
- Experience in Embedded software programming with Linux or QNX
- Experience with GPU programming using CUDA or OpenCL
- Knowledge of MISRA C/C++ rules and automotive SPICE
- Functional safety critical automotive software, such as HARAs, FMEAs, FTAs and related safety measures like using lockstep and related diagnostics strategies
- Knowledge of communication protocols, such as CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, Ethernet (TCP, UDP, RTP, AVB/TSN), UART
- Knowledge of embedded software architectures and software patterns
- Experience with testing techniques, e.g. unit, HIL, SIL testing
- Experience with working on drivers for peripherals for embedded systems
- Experience with implementing real-time video streaming over Ethernet
- OTA, Cybersecurity, Diagnostic module/protocol development
- ADAS/AD Sensor calibration, End of Line calibration software development experience
- ADAS/AD Feature development experience
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other related fields
- Ideally 5+ years of work experience
- Advanced degrees preferred
#GDBe part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.