Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
The Mechanical Maintenance Technician will work within the production team for the purpose of achieving a key result or group of aligned results. Candidates should possess a general knowledge of mission critical directives and situations surrounding process equipment in all areas inside the walls of the facility. They must help to develop strategies to meet team and company goals. Reports to the various supervisors and managers throughout the production organization. The Technician must possess a working knowledge of standard automotive OEM process equipment, and related systems, be a problem solver, and be communicative and proactive in the execution of daily activities. Contribute to day-to-day operations and create reports to update the company in the event it is required. Must be able to perform under pressure, remain dynamic and understand urgency. The Technician must be able to practice teamwork and team building within our organization.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Should have mechanical knowledge and detailed troubleshooting abilities of robots, conveyors, pneumatic systems, along with various other types of manufacturing equipment.
- Must be familiar with alignment techniques for shafts, conveyors and various other equipment.
- Must have a through knowledge of lifting and rigging techniques.
- Must understand the skills related to pipe fitting including threading pipe, tubing bending and swaging pipe.
- Should understand the major parts of a cylinder and how to rebuild them.
- Should understand the types and uses of valves and how to rebuild them.
- Must support other departments as required in order to sustain production needs.
- Must be able to adjust work schedules to meet production requirements.
- Must perform other task as assigned, permanent or temporary to support efficiency in operations.
- Understand and enforce process compliance throughout the process areas scope of operations.
- Must be able to perform operation, preventive maintenance and emergency repair of responsible equipment.
- Modernization and continuous improvements of responsible equipment.
- Ensure an adequate on-hand spare parts inventory or lead-time system in place to support responsible equipment.
- Generate proper reports and associated corrective measures on all incidents to proactively decrease the potential of future failures.
- Establish risk matrices on critical equipment and conceptualize and implement all preventive measures to mitigate these risks proactively.
- Establish, schedule, execute and document all preventive maintenance (PM) activities on responsible equipment.
- Must work with maintenance planner to learn and use the CMMS system.
- Performs commissioning of new systems and integrates into existing administrative controls.
- Candidate should be able to direct activities of contractors and vendors in manageable, effective and cost-efficient manner.
- Works closely with all facets of the production group to provide technical expertise or assistance.
- Enforce and follow all Safety rules and regulations.
- Communicative to production group and various internal customers as appropriate the status of responsible equipment and effects to operations.
- Professional, informative and responsive communication to customers.
- Candidate must be proficient in general office PC programs and equipment monitoring systems.
- High School diploma or GED
- Two (2) years process equipment maintenance experience, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Work involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather including working from heights.
- Note there is frequent need to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and must be able to wear fall hazard PPE and enter confined spaces with the appropriate training.
- Desired Skills or Experience:
- High climb certifications.
- MIG, TIG and stick welding and cutting skills.
- Can operate mobile equipment including fork lifts and burden carriers.
- Demonstrated Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Experience.
- Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions.
Preferred Skills or Experience:
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Has operator license for IC-80 Broderson deck crane.
- Knowledge of HVAC components and operation.
- Knowledge of hot water boilers.
- Can perform layout for mechanical design.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.