We're Cruise, a self-driving service designed for the cities we love.
We’re building the world’s most advanced, self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the forefront of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's an opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
What you'll be doing:
- Be passionate about coaching, development and performance management
- Develop strong relationships with the VP of AI and leadership team to provide partnership and drive a long-term strategic vision for the group‚Äôs recruiting requirements
- Partner with the Director of Technical Recruiting to optimize recruiting reports and dashboards to analyze, forecast, track and communicate key operational metrics to the business, while using metrics to drive operational excellence across the team
- Work closely with our Strategic Sourcing team to help innovate on sourcing and recruiting strategies, contribute and drive process adjustments, new tools and standard methodologies
- Have a strong awareness of operational excellence and partner effectively with Recruiting Operations to share timely updates and maintain data integrity in our tracking systems
- Seek and maintain a thorough understanding of our engineering teams‚Äô technical requirements, acknowledging qualitative as well as quantitative hiring needs
- Be keenly aware of industry trends and competitive landscape, stay abreast of market intel to provide insights and innovate our hiring practices
- Lead resourcing and forecasting activities related to AI recruiting planning
What you must have:
- Significant technical recruiting experience in startups or large firms competing with relevant technology
- Recruiting experience in AI, ML, ML platforms, data science and in-depth knowledge of the AI/ML industry, specifically industry and academic luminaries
- 8+ years managing and/or mentoring recruiting professionals with a strong track record of hiring/building strong recruiting teams
- Proven track record of identifying and closing difficult-to-attract candidates
- Deep knowledge across the entire candidate lifecycle, from talent mapping, research, sourcing, interviewing, to closing
- Consistent track record in driving efficiency in the use of technologies, process, and workflow
- Proven success partnering with executives and leaders cross-functionally and experience working closely with engineering/technical leadership
- High comfort level and proven success in managing remote teams effectively
- Excellence in relationship building, consulting, negotiation skills both internally and externally
- Data-driven and results-oriented mindset that demonstrates critical thinking abilities and an analytical and quantitative approach
- Detail-oriented project management skills with the ability to multi-task and stay focused in a fast-paced environment that moves with a constant sense of urgency.
- Excellent communicator, able to apply tact and diplomacy in all situations
- Solid presentation skills, able to leverage data to influence decision making
- Proficient with recruiting tools, systems, ATS
- Genuinely passionate and curious about technology as well as the self driving car industry
- Experience with Greenhouse, GEM, and/or Workday
- Fluency with Tableau/similar reporting tools
- Experience within the AV industry
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- One Medical membership
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided for non-remote employees
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, subsidized by Cruise
- Flexible Spending Account
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan for non-remote employees
- We’re Remote Friendly
- We believe that your value to the team can be provided at a Cruise office or from the comfort of your home. Depending on your function, enjoy the flexibility of remote work and join our growing community of remote employees in the continental United States.
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, Microsoft, SoftBank, & T. Rowe Price, have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to create a supportive and inclusive workplace where contributions are valued and celebrated, and our employees thrive by being themselves and are inspired to do the best work of their lives.
We seek applicants of all backgrounds and identities, across race, color, ethnicity, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or parental status, or disability. Applicants will not be discriminated against based on these or other protected categories or social identities. Cruise will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable laws.
Cruise is committed to the full inclusion of all applicants. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process please let our recruiting team know or email HR@getcruise.com.
We proactively work to design hiring processes that promote equity and inclusion while mitigating bias. To help us track the effectiveness and inclusivity of our recruiting efforts, please consider answering the following demographic questions. Answering these questions is entirely voluntary. Your answers to these questions will not be shared with the hiring decision makers and will not impact the hiring decision in any way. Instead, Cruise will use this information not only to comply with any government reporting obligations but also to track our progress toward meeting our diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging objectives.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.