Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a Sr. EV Powertrain Build Technician, you will help qualify and commercialize state-of-the-art electric vehicle traction motors with an integrated gear train and cooling system. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination.
- Be highly detail oriented and be able to record project build data both at the part level and system level.
- Assemble and debug prototype drive unit assemblies.
- Make and modify parts as necessary to support assembly rigs and prototypes.
- Create and/or manage sending out design and fabrication projects.
- Work with engineers and other technicians involved in powertrain durability and NVH testing.
- Maintain equipment calibration and well organized work areas.
- Work with data acquisition system engineers and control systems engineers to continually improve part and build process data recording.
- Perform EMI/EMC tests, electric motor HI Pot tests, and electric motor induced shaft current measurements.
- Coordinate with design engineers to highlight problems and suggest areas for improvement.
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations.
- 5 years minimum lead tech experience
- Experience managing small teams of technicians
- Great communication skills for relaying data (both verbal and written).
- A “can-do” attitude and ability to motivate small build teams.
- Ability to take things apart and getting them back together without instructions.
- Root cause investigations and diagnoses at system, modular, and component level.
- Ability to measure with high precision tools including bore gauges, calipers, micrometers, and dial indicators.
- Detail oriented personality with solid documentation and reporting skills including Microsoft office and computer software literacy.
- Knowledge of power tools, pneumatic equipment, and Machine shop tools: Band saws, grinders, mill and lathe operation a plus.
- Knowledge of electrical hazards, including precautionary measures around High Voltage equipment and spinning machinery.
- Ability to use basic electrical tools: Digital Multimeter, Meg-Ohm tester, Thermal couple Meters, Hi-POT Tester, O-Scope.
- Experience with electric vehicle propulsion systems
- Experience with electric vehicles and/or automotive products a plus.
- Track record of getting amazing products to market on time with fantastic innovation.
- Ability to use shop equipment (manual mill and lathe).
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- High School Diploma. ASE certification a bonus. Other technical or vocational schools or certification with and automotive focus a bonus.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.