Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to manage the power distribution construction activities for Lucid Motors. This is a hands-on role, will assist to lead the facilities efforts regarding building power distribution design, engineering, construction, and regulatory compliance. Our ideal candidate will have experience with medium and low voltage power distribution systems within a manufacturing/R&D, general office and/or retail facility.
- Represent Lucid Motors at both domestic and international locations. As our in-house power distribution subject matter expert as you interface with our design-build general contractor, power utility provider, city officials and internal management.
- Collaborate with on-site electrical contractors and general contractor to ensure safety, construction milestones, commissioning and budget are met.
- Ensure regulatory compliance, as appropriate (OSHA, ANSI, NEC, NFPA, UBC, Etc.)
- Familiar with construction permitting and building permit inspection process
- Review and approve all proposed electrical layouts/schematics, equipment submittals and electrical drawings for adherence to the highest industry standards.
- Evaluate power distribution equipment options, share the pros/cons of the options and offer viable alternatives where applicable.
- Drive EH&S Policy and implementation initiatives.
- Maintain site single line drawings, AutoCAD a plus.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 10+ years of work experience in facilities electrical power distribution and construction management; preferably with automotive OEM’s. International experience a plus.
- Experience leading industrial manufacturing power distribution activities in new construction environments
- Experience evaluating and supporting existing medium and low voltage power distribution systems at existing manufacturing sites
- Experience with medium voltage substation metering and monitoring systems
- Design experience with 480 volts and bus duct to 3,200 amps
- Power distribution experience to equipment tooling and robotics equipment
- Experience as Owner’s representative on construction projects reviewing drawings and specifications, responding to RFI’s and evaluating contractor change orders
- Experience inspecting installation of switchgear, transformers, bus duct and cable systems
- Experience testing and commissioning electrical distribution systems
- Experience developing electrical preventative maintenance programs and ensure that these programs were followed per plan
- Experience developing and following medium voltage switching procedures
- Experience overseeing the development and completion of third-party arc-flash calculations and labeling on building power distribution equipment and manufacturing power panels
- Familiar with automotive OEM power distribution requirements
- Proficient working with aggressive milestones and timelines
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.