Impossible Foods is addressing the most catastrophic threats facing humanity: climate change and biodiversity collapse. A global transition to a plant-based food system will turn back the clock on atmospheric CO2 levels, restore natural ecosystems and reverse meltdown in wildlife biomass.The easiest -- if not only -- way to make our civilization sustainable is to eliminate livestock, the most dangerous technology on Earth. But humans won’t give up meat. So we need to make meat better -- more delicious and more nutritious, without animals as the underlying production technology. That means that making meat sustainably is the most important and urgent problem for the global scientific community.Impossible Foods' mission is to completely replace the use of animals as a food-production technology by offering consumers everything they currently value about animal products -- and making products that are vastly superior to their animal analogues.To do this, we are taking a revolutionary scientific and market-based approach. We are inventing efficient, sustainable ways to transform ingredients from plants into meat, fish and dairy foods that deliver all the pleasures and nutritional benefits consumers demand, without the destructive environmental or public health impact.Our world-class R&D team has been building the know-how and technology platform to produce meat, fish and dairy foods from plants. Impossible Foods is experiencing rapid growth and is resolutely committed to leading all aspects of the plant-based food revolution—from discovery to commercial production. The only thing that will separate Impossible Foods from success and failure is our ability to recruit more world-class experts. Want to join? Check out the job opening and requirements below:
You will help design and optimize new primary food packaging (and subsequent packaging), and lead continuous improvement projects for existing primary and secondary packaging. You will work multi-functionally with R&D, PDC, and Engineering to ensure appropriate packaging materials and technologies are trialed during bench and pilot testing to ensure the appropriate manufacturing scale equipment will perform as intended. Collaborate with Manufacturing teams to develop and improve processes at all levels of the organization.
- Lead the equipment selection for representative and scale trials based upon desired results.
- Develop User Requirement Specifications for equipment and materials based upon product requirements and bench, pilot, and plant trials.
- Develop BFDs and perform Mass Balance studies.
- Identify equipment and vendors to meet product, process, and capacity requirements.
- Develop RFPs and RFQs for equipment and materials.
- Collaborate with Product Innovation and Development to scale and optimize processes to produce high quality, safe products.
- Develop scaled down packaging processes for representative bench and pilot scale trials.
- Foster a collaborative learning environment and mentor junior engineers.
- Travel up to 25% for FATs and plant trials
Impossible Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. Depending on your location, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: https://impossiblefoods.com/careers/notice. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.
- BS in an Engineering field
- 5+ years of experience in a food and/or beverage process manufacturing environment
- Experience in packaging engineering and design, including creating BFDs and Mass Balance sheets
- Experience in scaling processes between bench, pilot, and manufacturing scales
- Experience in leading projects from concept through validation: schedule development, equipment specification, installation, commissioning, qualification, and verification
- Experience with various commercial food packaging, casing, and palletizing
- Experience in sanitary design, Sanitary 3-A, USDA, and FDA food processing as well as HACCP, OSHA, and other food production standards
- Strong analytical and problem-solving through a data based approach