Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking Sr Material Planner to join the Supply Chain function. The role is based at Lucid’s manufacturing facility in Casa Grande, AZ, reporting to the Material Planning Manager.
- Create and deploy supply requirements to Lucid’s supply base (over 200 Tier 1 suppliers and over 3,000 parts & components) via MRP which achieves production, inventory and cost objectives.
- Build and maintain operational partnerships with assigned suppliers. Act as the primary interface with suppliers on delivery status, challenges and resolution.
- Work closely with the supplier base to ensure On-Time, In-Full (OTIF) performance.
- Collaboratively work with a wide cross-functional team – Purchasing, NPI, Engineering, Manufacturing, Supplier Quality, Logistics, etc.
- Proactively communicate with all levels of the organization on material related issues including those involving shipments between suppliers/plants while simultaneously mitigating potential impacts to internal and external customers.
- Deliver clear-to-build status, material coverage, run-out reports and other analyses as needed to plan production and business targets.
- Provide data-driven decision support to the broader organization through what-if and scenario planning.
- Apply analytics and supply chain expertise to manage system parameters and meet target inventory and service level goals while minimizing cost and obsolescence.
- Work closely with Purchasing Global Supply team to complete action plans to improve supplier performance and score cards.
- Support new product roll out by assisting in establishing the supply chain effectivity date.
- Participate and lead improvement projects that deliver benefits to the organization, including but limited to increasing OTIF, reduction of lead times, etc.
- Review inventory levels and issues/modifies orders for stock replenishment applying best practices for inventory reduction and inventory optimization.
- Responsible for tracking metrics on assigned activities in order to drive results and continuous improvements in Department activity.
- Responsible for leading meetings related to part shortages, supplier constraints, internal and external planning and supplier metrics.
- Handle other projects or assignments as needed.
- Direct and support the allocation of resources to cover material handling responsibilities.
- Hold employees accountable for following processes, metrics, assigned projects or assignments.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Bachelors or Masters in Supply Chain. CPIM or APIC training is a plus.
- Minimum 2 year of Material Planning experience in an automotive or volume manufacturing environment.
- One or more years of supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, teambuilding, and communication skills.
- Must be able to analyze, evaluate and react to all issues and concerns that have the potential of adversely affecting the manufacturing schedule.
- Strong knowledge of MRP processes; SAP experience, with a solid understand of discrete manufacturing, bills of material, product lifecycle management, procure to pay processes and supply chain operations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to evaluate and analyze data to present clear recommendations to leadership.
- Demonstrate skills in supplier operational and relationship management.
- Passionate and high energy, with the diplomacy and cooperative style necessary to positively influence others, both inside and outside of Lucid Motors.
- Ability to write, speak and present effectively and persuasively.
- Ability to work independently on multiple tasks and projects in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Flexibility and adaptability are key.
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Smartsheets, Excel and Microsoft Office
- Passion for results, strategy, and hands on execution.
- Ability to develop result driven data, lead meetings and create powerpoint presentations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.