CFS’ mission is to enable world-wide clean energy for everyone, creating a sustainable environment for current and future generations. We’ve created a credible path to an operating fusion power plant in 15 years which leverages our novel collaboration with MIT and funding from strategic and financial investors who share our vision. This begins by developing a new class of high-field superconducting magnets that will enable the SPARC tokamak to demonstrate net energy from fusion for the first time. To execute this plan, we are now looking to add talented people to the team who are mission-driven and treat people well; improve our team by adding diverse perspectives & new ways of solving problems; have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits; and have skillsets and experience that relate to this role.
The SPARC tokamak has a variety of unique complex systems under extreme electromagnetic and thermal loads. We are looking to add a design engineer to our team to conceptualize, design and create engineering drawings of unique components and assemblies.
This team member will:
- Design novel solutions to complex structural problems.
- Create fabrication and assembly drawings for the tokamak components.
- Provide expertise to ensure the integrated 3-D CAD design meets requirements (safety, performance, reliability, etc.)
- Ensure change and version control is maintained for associated design deliverables
- Interface with other engineering disciplines to incorporate their input into the design
The ideal candidate will have most, if not all, of these requirements:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a design engineer on complex mechanical and structural components
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in an engineering field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Exceptional attention to detail is required
- Experience working on integrated 3-D design CAD models. NX & Teamcenter experience is a plus
- Knowledge of how to apply GD&T to design work
- A Professional Engineer license is preferred, but not mandatory.
- The successful candidate will possess a high degree of trust and integrity, communicate openly and display respect with a desire to foster teamwork
- Nuclear experience (fusion or fission) is desirable
- Experience with QA programs is desirable
CFS team members thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and have demonstrated exceptional results through a range of different pursuits. We all tightly align with our company values of integrity, execution, impact and self-critique. As we grow, we are looking to add talented people who are mission driven and bring diverse perspectives and new ways of solving problems.
At CFS, we deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer by choice. We consider all qualified applicants equally for employment. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, protected veteran status, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.