Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Harness Schematics Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional to work with hardware engineering teams and supplies to obtain harness data. You will also be working with mechanical engineering teams on harness drawings as well as finalizing connector selection. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Work with hardware engineering teams and suppliers to obtain harness relevant data
- Create and maintain wiring diagrams and 2D schematics
- Select fuses and wire sizes
- Work with mechanical engineering teams on harness drawings, solving package issues and finalizing connector selection
- Generate harness prints
- Merge harness schematics with 3D designs into a consistent data set that we submit to harness manufacturers
- Implement and conduct data quality checks
- Maintain and configure harness variants for vehicles and a variety of different test bench designs
- Work with tool suppliers on integrations to streamline the processes and to improve harness data quality
- Work with Quality Engineers on incoming quality checks and harness rework activities
- Work with technicians to build harnesses for test and kitting benches
- Report and escalate issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with different teams and harness suppliers
- Participate in the design of a world class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- 3+ years of automotive experience,
- Bachelor of Science in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Computer Science or other related fields
- Expert knowledge in harness schematic design and vehicle harness development
- Strong experience with harness schematic tools such as PREEvision, Capital, VeSys or others ● Detailed knowledge of relevant format such as kbl, xml and others
- Harness packaging experience
- Experience in selecting wiring sizes and types as well as connectors
- Ability to identify and communicate risks, mitigate and drive issues to closure
- You deeply understand mechanical and electrical systems
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize
- Ability to build stuff with your hands
- Harness Debugging Skills
- Harness manufacturing experience.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.