Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Engineer to bring up and support the development of the Lucid Air’s 12v architecture concept. This position requires an experienced professional who will be responsible to bring the low voltage strategy of the Lucid Air to production. The engineer will work under the technical direction of the Architect and will be given autonomy to contribute to design the best car in the world.
Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work in a systematic manner with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Participate in the development of the vehicle’s low voltage architecture
- Organize and distribute information about the wakeup and sleep strategy to ECU owners
- Help internal ECU owners to make their design compatible with the Lucid architecture
- Provide support to suppliers to make their design compatible with the Lucid architecture
- Find solutions to the intricate problems related to faults during startup and shutdown and diagnosing those problems.
- Define and measure the vehicle’s power consumption in its different power states and come with smart ways to minimize said consumption
- Support vehicle build technicians when a problem related to the power architecture arises
- Be the contact person for questions about the 12v architecture
- Flash and calibrate ECUs in the vehicle
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Experience as an automotive engineer, working on low voltage systems and ECUs
- Insights related to vehicle power consumption while shut down
- A good sense of how to diagnose and fix a problem
- Ability to communicate with suppliers to define what is needed in their design
- Ability to use electrical testing instruments like oscilloscope, multimeter and test lights
- Experience with ECU flashing and calibration
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or other appropriate engineering discipline. Masters degree preferred.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.