Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking a Battery Cell Scientist with practical experience in EV batteries and passion to advance battery cell technology. This position requires strong scientific background in electrochemistry, cell materials, or cell mechanical structure. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches their work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in batteries
- Lead and support co-development of Lithium-ion cell technology
- Work internally and with external cell suppliers to advance battery cell chemistry, materials, and cell structure for superior battery performance, energy density, safety, and life
- Focus on lithium-ion battery materials development and characterization including cathode, anode, separator and electrolyte
- Conduct applied research in the field of batteries with focus on lithium-ion batteries
- Drive anode and cathode materials innovation
- Push the boundaries and work on cell chemistries with exceptional specific energy density
- Analyze the advantages and disadvantages of different lithium-ion batteries
- Investigate and report the trends of energy storages devices and batteries in particular
- Be part of a team that shapes the battery cell strategy for Lucid Motors
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team of battery and play a direct leading role in designing and running experiments as well as interpreting data
- Deep understanding of the physics and fundamentals of batteries
- Experience in battery cell attributes, particularly energy density, performance, safety, life, fast charging, and cost
- Experience in battery material development, cell design, and cell manufacturing processes
- A proven track record of technical excellence in batteries.
- A strong desire to create next generation technology as an integral part of a very capable team
- Experience in innovation by using science, appropriate analysis and testing
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical environments
- A strong desire to create the very best product
- Additional fields of experience (thermals, structural statics/dynamics, and material science).
- Experience of battery electric vehicles.
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- PhD in chemical engineering, chemistry, materials science or related field preferred or MS with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in battery research
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.