Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Manager to work within our Interior Trim team.
This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility for managing the design and development of the Interior Trim systems of a world-class vehicle in terms of performance, reliability and Craftsmanship. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Having proven leadership experience you will help to Build, lead, and mentor a world-class Interior Trim engineering team.
- Equally comfortable creating concept to supporting parts into production to create industry-leading Premium Interior Hard and Soft Trim.
- Working closely with Design Studio and collaboratively with cross functional teams to implement the best in class Interiors.
- Collaborate with Tier 1 and directed suppliers to ensure technical excellence and on time delivery.
- Working with the Project team to ensure on time delivery and cost targets are met
- Reporting to Director of Body Engineering and required to present to Executive team
- Experience leading a team of multi-discipline engineers demonstrating the ability to be detail oriented.
- Full program cycle experiences from concept to production launch in Interior Trim development
- Ability to create/improve/establish technical product specifications and timelines to achieve an accelerated development cycle towards SOP
- Experienced in using CAD to review drawings, packaging layouts, and DFM studies with the ability to create simple sections and CAD forms.
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to achieve success in a fast-paced startup environment
- Vehicle and product launch experience.
- Exceptional technical abilities paired with excellent communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Science in relevant discipline.
- Experience in the design and development of Hard and Soft Trim, with a good understanding of materials, Injection molding/Thermo-forming/Vacuum forming/Plastic casting/Decorative processes and light weighting strategies.
- Knowledgeable of Interior regulations and requirements for worldwide markets with good experience with safety requirements including Head Impact and Airbag considerations
- Knowledge of DFMEA, GD&T, DVP Creation
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Design experience operating with CATIA V6 3DExperience
- Master's degree in Science in relevant discipline
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.