Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We are currently seeking an Occupant Package & Ergonomics Engineer. This position requires an experienced professional with a responsibility to act as voice of customers, make sure to deliver class leading vehicles in terms of occupant package and overall vehicle ergonomics. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Be a significant contributor to engineering team in terms of occupant package conceptualization & ensuring class leading overall vehicle ergonomics/comfort on multiple vehicle programs
- Generate, catalogue & implement human factors, occupant package requirements within the vehicle design
- Measure, illustrate and communicate the overall occupant package status based on common industry standards (e.g. SAE J1100)
- Design, develop and utilize the physical mockups and virtual tools to aid in validating the occupant package & overall comfort requirements
- Conduct extensive benchmark studies to support the activities to create industry leading interior comfort & spaciousness (include A2MAC1 & subjective forums data)
- Work interactively within a cross functional marketing, design, and vehicle engineering teams, placing priority upon the greater benefit of the vehicle above any one individual system
- Employ and develop efficient tools and an innovative approach to support the development
- At least two (2) years of demonstrated experience in vehicle occupant package, ergonomics, human factors
- Understanding of SAE standards methodology to create occupant layout concepts including spaciousness and visibility requirements
- Good knowledge of vehicle comfort & ergonomics concepts and have hands on experience with both subjective as well as quantitative methods of ergonomic evaluations
- RAMSIS, CAVA & CAD tool skills to create, integrate maintain 2D/3D vehicle package layouts and ergonomic evaluations
- Bachelor's degree in Science in relevant discipline
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Well verse with current & future industry trends and stay abreast of developments in the automotive ergonomics field
- Experience in leading the user clinics to capture as well as validate user ergonomic requirements
- A strong desire to create the very best product, working as an integral part of a very capable team
- A practical hands-on approach to complement the theoretical (e.g. SAE 3-Dimensional H Point Machine Set Up, Physical benchmark of critical occupant layout dimensions)
- Design experience operating with CATIA V6 3DExperience
- Master's degree in Science in relevant discipline
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.