Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
As a HV Battery Test Automation Engineer, you will take ownership, drive, and support a variety of activities that are central to the state-of-the-art electric vehicle HV battery testing and validation. The role will interface with various engineering groups for battery module/pack characterization, evaluation, validation, qualification, and technology development efforts. You exhibit a can-do attitude and approaches your work with vigor and determination.
- Develop, operate, and troubleshoot multiple test stations in every aspect, including hardware and software test console (LabVIEW based) for battery testing:
- Design and integrate test instrumentation and fixture setups
- Setup data acquisition systems for integrated data collection
- Develop GUI for performing complex automated battery tests while providing sufficient feedback for troubleshooting
- Manage multiple battery tests for successful test execution and quickly identify & troubleshoot issues that arise during testing
- Analyze and interpret test data. Develop scripts for automated data analysis
- Manage test data repository for easy access by various groups
- Fully document all aspects of the tests, and develop/present progress reports
- Develop novel ways to streamline processes and increase the reliability of testing operations including but not limited to data analysis, manipulation, and storage
- Troubleshoot mechanical/electrical/software and suggest areas for improvement
- Proficient in experiment design, setup, testing, data analysis, and reporting
- Knowledge of general programming in scripting languages for test automation and data management (including Python and Labview)
- Understanding of the interaction between software and hardware and ways to achieve it
- Great communication skills for relaying data (verbal and written) with other team members
- Familiarity with electronic circuits
- Experience supporting and leading technical efforts
- Hands-on experience with general shop tools, wiring, and mechanical assembly
- Ability to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines
- Experience with Veristand and SystemLink
- Exposure to additional programming languages is a plus (C#, C++, Java, VBA, etc)
- Understanding of Lithium-ion battery
- Experienced with high voltage Lithium-ion battery systems
- Experience with automotive communication protocols (CAN, LIN)
- Hands on experience setting up battery tests and programming battery testers
- Curious and passionate about battery technology
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Software, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering, Mechatronics, CS, or other relevant disciplines.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.