Leading the future of luxury mobilityLucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
We seek a Senior-level Component Owner, ADAS/AD Maps for our ADAS / Autonomous Driving team. This position requires an experienced professional with a background in novel mapping and localization algorithms. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection.
- Contribute to the AD SD/HD Map roadmap, strategy, & software rollout plan
- Support and enhance ADAS AD architecture and identify how SD/HD map attributes can be used by downstream AD modules like Localization, MP&C & Perception & Data pipelines
- Work with engineering teams, Feature owners and Technical Program Managers to define features that depend on Map and understand the requirements & attributes needed from SD/HD maps at the feature level
- Come up with strategies to make the system safe using maps, like geofencing, defining ODDs for each feature and making sure that the engineers understand the quality and coverage of the maps pertaining to the feature that is being rolled out
- Understand various industry standards like ADASIS and identify the attributes required for SD/HD map as they relate to the features planned for roll out by the AD/ADAS team
- Work with automotive maps suppliers, write specifications, Statement of Work and manage project/release and take care of change management
- Work with Suppliers and Engineering teams to Integrate, test and evaluate the SD/HD map
- Manage and lead the (SD/HD) map Program with Suppliers - manage the project, work with Engineering teams and make sure all the required attributes are covered by suppliers, resolve roadblocks and make sure the project is completed on time.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to ensure a seamless and robust implementation
- Support the production validation and verification of the mapping and localization S/W using prototype vehicles, pre-production vehicles
- Experience developing, implementing and extending novel mapping and localization algorithms
- Experience with multiple sensors (e.g. camera, LIDAR, radar, GPS, IMU, odometry)
- Experience working in the world of SD/HD maps and exposure to industry standards like ADASIS
- Experience in automotive supplier interaction, specification development, release management, change management
- Excellent communication skills
Great to Have
- Knowledge of ROS, DDS or other middleware systems
- Experience in working in agile development teams
- Experience in component and system integration, testing and verification on system and vehicle level
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards and regulations (ASPICE, ISO 26262), industry benchmark and customer requirements
Education / Background
Be part of something amazingCome work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
- BS minimum in the areas of Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other related fields
- Ideally, 5+ years of work experience in a related industry
- Advanced degrees / Ph.D. preferred
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.